1200 DVT trade in price?

So i have a July 16 DVT with 12k miles, white with red wheels, usual standard stuff panniers and electronics gadgets plus a load of extras which as we know don’t add that much onto a used bike.

All present and correct, well looked after and it’s not coming out anytime in this weather, what could I expect from a dealer as a trade in? I ask as if I want one of these Ninja SX 1000 Performance Touring jobs, when I can get a go on one I need to start dropping hints and suchlike with her indoors (she hates bikes) as to the reasoning I need to change.

If you think I would get tucked up by a dealer then when a decision has been made I will have a go selling privatly.

thanks.

About £5K on trade in. You may as well pull the non stock stuff off and sell it here. It makes no difference to a trade in.

Get a valuation from we buy any bike. That valuation should be firm and so there can only be upside from a dealer or privately.

Then you know exactly where you are.

TB

At £5k I would keep it no matter how much I liked the Ninja.

But yes The extras are worth nothing in a trade in.

Never thought of that, good idea.
There's two 'We Buy Any Bike' sites - ,co, and .co.uk - try both (they will up their offer after a few days of not hearing from you).

Look for a similar model / mileage at a few dealers and take off £3K as a guide also :unsure:

There's two 'We Buy Any Bike' sites - ,co, and .co.uk - try both (they will up their offer after a few days of not hearing from you).

Look for a similar model / mileage at a few dealers and take off £3K as a guide also :unsure:
one local dealer has one with more miles for 10k so 7k seems about right, let’s hope they become desirable come March.

We buy any bike are a joke. I know one of the guys that works for them. He gets paid on the amount of money he can reduce that 'fixed offer' by, in finding issues and marks not declared. He can always find something, be it a worn or part worn chain, service due, dirty oil or a mark somewhere - he freely acknowledges its all a con. Its an avenue for those that need cash quickly even if it undervalues the bike.

I didn't know there was two, Exi has taught me something there.

But I have used one of them. Exi is right they value you your bike and then a few days later up their offer. The one I used value the bike if you accept send you a video of how it will be evaluated, come and check it over as per video and then transfer the money agreed before they take the bike.

I described mine fairly and the guy who came didn't even try to chip me. Paid the amount agreed from get go, so I can't complain. Word has it dealers can't find enough bikes so your in as strong a position as your ever going to be.

TB

I sold a 999S to the Superbike Factory - they replied to an advert I had. They offered a 'reasonable' price (£1000 more than I paid for the bike a year before) and I had no other takers. They picked it up and transferred the money there and then, no quibbling and advertised it for only £1000 more. You could try them too.

Well so far we buy any bike have made three offers.

initially £5650
second £6250
todays final offer is £6550 valid for three days only, I may get some wotsits thrown in next.

Back