A Plug for Frame Plugs

monster_998

New member
When I bought my 998 it was fitted with plastic frame plugs but over the course of the last few years they have mostly fallen off until only the swinging arm ones remained. During the Club's Laggan Express Run last month I noticed that one of those had gone the way of all the others so I started looking for replacements.

Ebay has a number of plugs from Hong Kong, Australia and the US but I didn't fancy waiting 4 weeks to be hit with import tax. Though a U.K. based seller I discovered CT-MOTO Billet Plugs. I also discovered I could save by going direct so ordered a set on Thursday afternoon.

The postman delivered a set of well packaged frame plugs this morning; less than 48 hours after the order was placed.
20140726_122144_zps778f28a9.jpg


The "kit" contains 5 plugs; 2 for the swinging arm, 2 for the engine mounts and one for the canilever mount. There's even 2 Allen keys provided.
20140726_122240_zpsce2bec78.jpg


Before:
20140726_122300_zpsa2ba331f.jpg


20140726_122314_zpsc0b67745.jpg


After:
20140726_130358_zpsaf2bc26d.jpg


20140726_130439_zpsd46cc5d2.jpg


Fitting 4 of the 5 plugs was easy; push in and tighten, but the top mount is cut at an angle and the remaining plug was too big to fit. Armed with my favourite file; I was able to reshape it sufficiently to allow the plug to fit flush.
20140726_130422_zps308f7744.jpg


All in all, nicely made and look good too.
 
Back
Top Bottom