Back On Google Chrome

PerryL

Elite Member
Subscriber
Not just the web browser, but the operating system, as well.

No particular reason why.

If I am going to keep using it, then I could do with getting a better laptop. I want to stick with a laptop, rather than desktop, so that I can roam around my house.

Anyone else use Chrome OS, and if so, on what hardware?

For my general netsurfing I use a google chromebook which has chrome os and that seems to cope easily. Stuff of a more important nature I use an imac

I use Chrome, Microsoft Edge is a load of bollox.
I have an Acer Laptop and use Google for surfing but duckduckgo.com for honest results and it doesn't store your search history!!

After playing about with this HP laptop running Google Chrome, I am unsure if

a) this laptop is shite
b) I am shite
c) Google Chrome is utter shite.

Or, any combination of the above

Oh well, I tried :censored:

Back on Windooze 10, now. Although I am not meant to spend much time sitting with my knees bent, using a laptop in bed didn't work for me, and sitting in an armchair with a laptop doesn't suit me, so that is it - done.

The next topic that I would like to complain about (for that is what I do) is weather forecasting. When I checked the Met Office forecast, earlier with a view of going out cycling, it said a nice dry day, with light cloud. When I got out of the shower, rain was hammering on the Windows. "What the f" and I checked the phone again. Now it was rain until 4pm with a danger of thunderstorms. At 3 pm, it is fine here.

I would have more respect for these jerks, if they issued a forecast, saying, "we haven't got a clue. Anything can happen, and it probably will", rather than pretending to know and failing most days.

End Of Rant!

A5A19385-B436-48B2-8D49-4A577907CD20.jpeg

Back on Windooze 10, now. Although I am not meant to spend much time sitting with my knees bent, using a laptop in bed didn't work for me, and sitting in an armchair with a laptop doesn't suit me, so that is it - done.

The next topic that I would like to complain about (for that is what I do) is weather forecasting. When I checked the Met Office forecast, earlier with a view of going out cycling, it said a nice dry day, with light cloud. When I got out of the shower, rain was hammering on the Windows. "What the f" and I checked the phone again. Now it was rain until 4pm with a danger of thunderstorms. At 3 pm, it is fine here.

I would have more respect for these jerks, if they issued a forecast, saying, "we haven't got a clue. Anything can happen, and it probably will", rather than pretending to know and failing most days.

End Of Rant!
After predicting that it would stop raining at 4, after not raining all afternoon, at 4 in poured down!

I just don't get it. How can anybody like doing a weather forecasting job, where you are wrong more than half the time? Or do they just have a high turnover because it is not a job anyone can face for very long!

After predicting that it would stop raining at 4, after not raining all afternoon, at 4 in poured down!

I just don't get it. How can anybody like doing a weather forecasting job, where you are wrong more than half the time? Or do they just have a high turnover because it is not a job anyone can face for very long!
1652720424345.png

I always find the best predictor of the weather is the windows app 👍

1652903043187.png

Dunno if it's some effect of Bath, but I am going to have to make the sacrifice and try it elsewhere. I'll see if my local does it and see if I can get it at Sainsbos. For the purposes of research, there is no limit into how far I will go.o_O:unsure:

The play was excellent, by the way
1652903534267.png

Tesco's, Morrisons, Asda and Sainsburys all stock it
My local Sainsburys in Dursley is quite small, so we shall see. If not, I will try the bigger one in Stroud. That one is as big as you get. And I will go to any lengths to do "my research"!

Back