Bike Insurance

Adi

Active member
Just got my bike renewal through and the excess is up and price up despite another year no claims. Price for 996 Bp £230.13 ex legal and other add-ons but excess £450 (was £350).

Got quote from confused.com for £128 with excess of £125. Insurers agreed to match the cash but I am told that the minimum excess must be £400 for Grp16 bike so they won't match the £125 Xs.

If anyone else is looking, the low-excess quote was from confused.com/Just Motorcycle Insurance. Price was also slightly better that Bennetts and Bikesure but excess is the real difference.
 
I'm up for renewal at the end of the month on the MTS - current insurers are pulling the usual add 20% on and see if you notice gag :rolleyes:

Managed to shave 45% off the renewal quote via confused.com, and got it down to £180. Noticed there was a quote from "Bike Devil" insurance that was slightly more (about £215) but it had zero excess.
 
Helpfully I was told by my insurers that the amount of excess is only important if I crash and it's my fault! Do I plan to do that?

At a bike presentation last night, it was suggested that you should refuse legal cover as it's all extra bunts to insurers. The logic is that if you have a crash and its your fault, then the insurers sweep up anyway. If it's not your fault, you won't be able to move for no win, no fee ambulance chasers so either way your £20 cover is unnecessary? Not sure about this..? Any thoughts?
 
At a bike presentation last night, it was suggested that you should refuse legal cover as it's all extra bunts to insurers. The logic is that if you have a crash and its your fault, then the insurers sweep up anyway. If it's not your fault, you won't be able to move for no win, no fee ambulance chasers so either way your £20 cover is unnecessary? Not sure about this..? Any thoughts?
I don't bother with legal insurance on that basis. A firm I got a quote from a couple of years ago gave me free legal insurance even though I didn't accept their quote and it's still valid.
 
Helpfully I was told by my insurers that the amount of excess is only important if I crash and it's my fault! Do I plan to do that?

At a bike presentation last night, it was suggested that you should refuse legal cover as it's all extra bunts to insurers. The logic is that if you have a crash and its your fault, then the insurers sweep up anyway. If it's not your fault, you won't be able to move for no win, no fee ambulance chasers so either way your £20 cover is unnecessary? Not sure about this..? Any thoughts?

Keep your cash for legal expenses. At the moment (and for last few years) it is a waste of money and something which has been mis-sold in many ways. Wait for the ambulance chasers to pick up on this in time to come once the PPI pot has been emptied! ;)

The whole structure of who pays for what and when after an accident is up in the air just now between government reviews and court cases which are now in the appeal stages.
It might be in the future that it is worth taking out some sort of policy but right now forget it.
 
Back
Top Bottom