Dom's Bike Stop - Meet Up JULY 10th 2021

I’ll see Dom and get an idea on date... he has a few meets with various clubs as it is but having thought about it, with “staycations” all the rage, shall we aim for early July before the schools break up and he gets busy .... Sat 3rd or Sat 10th...?

if anyone wants to arrive on the Fri I’m up for a two night stay.

I’ll see Dom and get an idea on date... he has a few meets with various clubs as it is but having thought about it, with “staycations” all the rage, shall we aim for early July before the schools break up and he gets busy .... Sat 3rd or Sat 10th...?

if anyone wants to arrive on the Fri I’m up for a two night stay.
👍👍

I won't be able to make it because of Dad but, I'm more than happy to send a couple of hundred quid over to Dom to help with food and stuff. If you can give me a reminder closer to the time of the event Apatchy, we'll sort that out. (y)

We were talking about that cancelled Wales trip yesterday that needs to be sorted 👍
Yep. I have all the details to hand still and it's not gone from my mind, just was waiting for the panicdemic situation to settle (if it ever does) and then see if I can re-arrange it. However, since @Apatchy started this thread and idea I didn't want to cut across it with a competing thread. As Leominster isn't too far from Brecon we could just combine the two but use Leominster as the base for the ride outs rather than Brecon :unsure:

Yep. I have all the details to hand still and it's not gone from my mind, just was waiting for the panicdemic situation to settle (if it ever does) and then see if I can re-arrange it. However, since @Apatchy started this thread and idea I didn't want to cut across it with a competing thread. As Leominster isn't too far from Brecon we could just combine the two but use Leominster as the base for the ride outs rather than Brecon :unsure:
@West Cork Paul Brecon is only about 40 minutes from Doms to the tea stop on the A470 in the lay-by, so combining both would work fine, if you want to chip in with what works dates wise I’m happy to liaise with Dom and you crack on with the ride outs ideas over Brecon, folks might want want to make weekend of it two night... I think I’ll approach Dom on that basis and have arrivals on Fri and Sat leaving Sun, past meets some have just driven up in cars for the craic others bring bikes in the camper vans so anything is possible but let’s nail a date first....,btw.. are you allowed in after Brexit 🤪

@West Cork Paul Brecon is only about 40 minutes from Doms to the tea stop on the A470 in the lay-by, so combining both would work fine, if you want to chip in with what works dates wise I’m happy to liaise with Dom and you crack on with the ride outs ideas over Brecon, folks might want want to make weekend of it two night... I think I’ll approach Dom on that basis and have arrivals on Fri and Sat leaving Sun, past meets some have just driven up in cars for the craic others bring bikes in the camper vans so anything is possible but let’s nail a date first....,btw.. are you allowed in after Brexit 🤪
🤣 Brexit’s not the issue it’s the bloody restrictions around Covid that are but 🤞 all’s good in the summer.

What are people doing for accomodation (apart from @JAT ’s panniers which are already overbooked) ? Camping or are there some B&Bs near by?

🤣 Brexit’s not the issue it’s the bloody restrictions around Covid that are but 🤞 all’s good in the summer.

What are people doing for accomodation (apart from @JAT ’s panniers which are already overbooked) ? Camping or are there some B&Bs near by?
I’m thinking camping but if there’s a B&B close by that’s a good option as it saves bringing the tent.
Larry would be so pissed he’d just sleep under a tree...

I’m thinking camping but if there’s a B&B close by that’s a good option as it saves bringing the tent.
Larry would be so pissed he’d just sleep under a tree...
Theres no B&B except in the town which is about 20 minute walk...sober - so add i bit to that (then only AirB&B) and they are likely going to get full pretty quickly by July with staycation - i have a spare tent if anyone needs it, and i have a camping tarp too that would sleep a couple but would need mats.

I have an excellent ride out route from Brecon ;)

Weather and convid get's fucked off i'll be up for that, the father and mother and law live at merthyr Tydfil so would be a great weekend so please the powers that be let there be some decent weather!! (y)

Weather and convid get's fucked off i'll be up for that, the father and mother and law live at merthyr Tydfil so would be a great weekend so please the powers that be let there be some decent weather!! (y)
weather has taken a real back stage recently - never rains in Wales in July so all good

This seems to be the Facebook group - i think he has two FB pages!! this one seems to have the latest posts not the one i posted a while ago -you can join the group here if your on FB.

Back