Ducati haters !!!

grahamw46

New member
Hi guys girls , hope your all doing well and have had a great season aswell as a safe one ... Just dropping a couple if lines as its been a long while since iv been on here .
It appears that in the two years I have been out and about on my sports 600s that everyone I meet inc the croud I ride with ( 11-15 , individuals who ride sports bikes ranging across all the major manufactures inc Ducati ) seem to moan and gripe about Ducati . " too expensive to run , un reliable , break down in the rain , typical Italian etc so on and so forth . Is this founded or what , what's it all about ? I'm now on a 07 ninja 600 but considering a change again and perhaps to a more "sensible" bike . Change in circumstances perhaps making me think twice about feeling the necessity to enjoy the country scenery at 170+ . What do you think . ?
 
ohhhhh Skoda's terrible cars shoddy built always breaking down, just terrible - ohh wait a minute, no there quite good actually - I think you know as well as anyone here that Ducati's have moved along quite a bit since whenever these guys are thinking of - if you ride with guys who have a ducati, what do they say?

I've been a member here and ridden, albeit a very modern monster for the last 3 years and only seen a couple of weak battery issues on older sportsbike's and some rolling maintenance needed on a couple of classic's which you would expect to have to deal with on any brand of that age. Bear in mind the runs I go on are 99.9% populated with Ducati's so over a lengthy period of time i've seen most of the models from the last 10/15 years and older. I vaguely remember someone having a major engine failure at one of the Masher's but then i saw a 12 month old BMW X5 at the side of the motorway a few days ago as well.

So i would say load of shite, as reliable as anything on two wheels these days

"too expensive to run" you would really need to do your own comparisons - but i guess this is supposed to be a luxury italian brand so it would be foolish to expect running costs to be cheaper or the same as others and really depends on what you buy - New Panigale with all its technological wizardry, if your spending upwards of £15k on a bike you really should budget for the running costs as well - belt driven 2 valve Monster you can do yourself if you know how

1100S or Evo Monsters are a real hoot to ride - quick enough on any road, more comfortable than sportier bikes as are hyper's, i hear the new liquid cooled ones are very good as well, but you may need to change your riding style and riding friends - especially if your getting 170+ out of a 600 NInja :eek:
 
..." too expensive to run , un reliable , break down in the rain , typical Italian etc so on and so forth"... What do you think . ?
It's a load of bollocks, that's what I think.
I hear this sort crap all the time but in the last 12 years I've ridden over 90,000 miles on Ducatis and had one failure that left me stranded due to a voltage regulator failing on a 1995 900SS, but many Japanese bike have problems with regulators too. Other than that I have had no problems, just normal wear and tear. Expensive to run? Not really. From what I hear from other bikers service costs aren't much more and as Andrew says you can do much of it yourself and keep the costs down.
Go and get a Ducati for yourself then you'll know what you've been missing :)
 
Bought a 1198 this year , sent it to Ducati Glasgow for a full service and change of belts and was cheaper than my repsol fireblade service .
i must admit i was stunned as always believed dukes would be dearer to service than a honda but was pleasantly surpised by the outcome
 
Thanks guys for replying , this is making for an interesting read and alot of positives coming from it and keen to see what everyone thinks .
 
To be fair Graham, this is a Ducati forum so the responses will be fairly predictable - go to DG, speak to lovely Blair, he's usually the first person you see through the door, have a test ride on something you can afford and find out for yourself. It will be VERY different from a 600 IL4 and you may not like it - but if you don't try you will never know.
 
Nothing's entertaining as quality Ducati hater. Those "unreliable", "expensive to maintain" dinosaurs getting a bit boring now so not that easy to get quality one
 
Cheers again Andrew , i did appreciate that it was a Ducati forum but I know it's an honest opinion ill get and I have . Iv been on a V twin before and really enjoyed it . Spose iv just got to the time now where I'm questioning what I want out of my bike and what bike . I always been a Ducati man , fed up with ppl slating them . The ninja is crazy and fun but it's gtn wasted on commuting and it's gna end one way , no licence or a smash . Just got to the time I'm thinking about diff styles of bikes and for what , ie monster
 
As anyone on here will tell you I'm by no means a Ducatisti and I'll judge any bike by how it suits me and my life at the time. Bikes I've owned recently have been from most of the mainstream manufacturers. In 2007 I bought a Monster1100s and haven't looked back, I've owned 6 so far a couple have been the wrong choice but that was down to me not the bike, never had any issues that haven't been quick and easy to sort out and I've never been let down. I may or may not have one as my main bike in the future tastes change with advancing age, but I suspect there will always be a Duke of some description tucked up in the back of the garage .......... they're addictive. Got a 2013 Multi at the moment awesome bike IMHO nothing out there to touch it. My advice get into a dealer and try the lot there's bound to be one that suits
 
go get one to try out, that your interested in.... what suits me won't suit you. I don't like marmite yet other do blurgh... why!?

Try for yourself. Price it up... compare notes, but honestly, you will not be disappointed and then the ramblings of, 'oh no it is this, that and the next thing' will become apparent, that these folks are just jealous they did not have the guts go and try one on for size... beside the world would be boring if we all liked the same things..
Enjoy.
 
More chance of the queen farting live on tv during her crimbo speech than this wind-up merchant getting a Ducati.

We have all tried to help him in the past. This is the 3rd or 4th time he has come away with the same old @@@@. He
normally goes awol for about 9 months and then comes back on and starts the same old @@@@ all over again.

Read his previous threads started and all will become clear...Last time he claimed he threw his rice burner down the road
and the insurance were going to pay out and he was going straight to DG to put a deposit down.

Rant Over...but hopefully it will save any other members wasting their time.
 
...making me think twice about feeling the necessity to enjoy the country scenery at 170+ ...

Okay, the Ninja 600s were quite a little rice-burning pocker rocket but, One Seventy?? Really?? Maybe if you drop it out of a Hercules at 32,00 feet, crouch behind the fairing and achieve as optimal terminal velocity as mass and drag will allow ...

Sometimes it does feels like it though, especially with speedo errors; I know, my Diavel often seem to be travelling at 90 on a motorway, when in fact it is really only travelling at 70 ... Officer ;)

No doubt the moaning 'haters' have never actually owned one (Ducati) and are just spouting the same pish - That aside, stop dithering and buy a Bloody Ducati if you want one so bad, life is too short to f**k about and wondering 'what if' or 'if only'. Do it.

-LaZ-
 
. I always been a Ducati man , the boy says, W.T.F. ? even should it not be oh it doesn't matter, at all.. Amen..
 
I had a 2006 ninja 636, kept it for a month and bought a 2001 996. Best thing I ever did. The ninja was smooth, fast, handled well etc but it was as dull as fcuk to ride unless you screwed the ar$e off it.
Never got to 170 though, just 160.
So, buy a Ducati, or feck off back to your Ducati hating chums and gies piece:flash:
 
Hi guys girls , hope your all doing well and have had a great season aswell as a safe one ... Just dropping a couple if lines as its been a long while since iv been on here .
It appears that in the two years I have been out and about on my sports 600s that everyone I meet inc the croud I ride with ( 11-15 , individuals who ride sports bikes ranging across all the major manufactures inc Ducati ) seem to moan and gripe about Ducati . " too expensive to run , un reliable , break down in the rain , typical Italian etc so on and so forth . Is this founded or what , what's it all about ? I'm now on a 07 ninja 600 but considering a change again and perhaps to a more "sensible" bike . Change in circumstances perhaps making me think twice about feeling the necessity to enjoy the country scenery at 170+ . What do you think . ?

Ducati are fine....As long as you and you're mates chip in and buy a socket set between you..
 
This is my Ducati. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Ducati is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Ducati is useless. Without my Ducati, I am useless. I must fire my Ducati true. Before God I swear this creed: my Ducati and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

Sargeant Hartman, god rest his soul !
 
Back
Top Bottom