Feeling the need for another road bike, Ducati flavoured of course.

Phatty

New member
I sold my Monster S4RS about a year ago. At the time I'd split up with the mrs and moved into the city centre, so didn't need a bike for the commute to work and had nowhere to keep one at home anyway. I'd also got more into the trackdays and have an 1198S track bike so couldn't justify keeping both bikes.

Recently went on a motorbike touring holiday in Thailand and now I've got the bug again for road riding. I could get the 1198S MOT'd and use it in daylight only but I don't really fancy putting any miles in on a little foam seat, having no lights of mirrors and of course my poor back and wrists.

So, been umming an ahhing about getting another bike for road use. I dearly loved my S4RS and the S4 Senna I had for 5 years before that, spotted another S4RS for sale but it's an absolute dog so gone off the idea. Love the idea of a Hypermotard or Hyperstrada but I'm too short. I'm dreaming about a Diavel, but I couldn't justify the cost unless I sold the 1198S and got a cheaper track bike.....

Decisions decisions. Looking for something I can do some miles on.
 
Doesnt the Hyperstrada have an adjustable seat height ? pretty sure the demo that DG had was a lowered set up so maybe an option to put a lowered seat on it
 
I would recommend the diavel had mine for 2 years and love it. Got enough performance to keep the adrenaline pumping but also a very capable every day bike. Take one for a test ride and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Plus im only a short arse at 5ft6 and it's a perfect fit.
 
I am about to list a nice 888 if interested, pm if up your street.
Best of luck in search, a multi would make a good choice too.
 
I've tried it was too tall for me. I could reach the floor but didn't feel comfortable about holding the bike up straight. This was however in a showroom with slippery tiles
 
I know they're meant to be great but I don't like the styling. Much prefer the classic Monster.

Think it's got to be another S4RS, but I can't find one. Gutted I sold my old one now :-(
 
848 Streetfighter is a peach, easy as a monster to ride, but much more nimble with 848 geometry, very comfy for me but I'm 6 foot, and about as fast as I will never need. Top end of rev range in 3rd and 4th is laugh out loud quick.
 
Back
Top Bottom