Front Paddock Stand for an 888

KevB

Well-known member
Subscriber
Hi

Can any of the 888 owners recommend a frot paddock stand for the 888. I have a Constand (recommended for an 888) but it is useless if you want to remove the front wheel as it obstructs the axle. A bit irritating as I have the rear wheel off so am unable to use the Skylift without refitting it and removing the front wheel first.

Cheers, Kev.

IMG_3986.webp
 
This may not help!

I have a different front stand and a 999 instead of a 888 but I have the same problem with removing the front wheel.
My work around is to loosen the pinch bolts off and then lift the front on the stand in such a way the the weight is partially taken on the heads of the pinch bolts. This means that the bottom of the forks are raised slightly higher up which means that there is just enough space for the axle to slide out.

I don't know if this will work for your stand and bike but it might get you out of your current fix.
 
Hi

Can any of the 888 owners recommend a frot paddock stand for the 888. I have a Constand (recommended for an 888) but it is useless if you want to remove the front wheel as it obstructs the axle. A bit irritating as I have the rear wheel off so am unable to use the Skylift without refitting it and removing the front wheel first.

Cheers, Kev.

View attachment 70565
Sorry it’s a link , I have a front stand with pads the same as the one in the pic Works fine with the 996 which is similar to the 888 fork
 
This may not help!

I have a different front stand and a 999 instead of a 888 but I have the same problem with removing the front wheel.
My work around is to loosen the pinch bolts off and then lift the front on the stand in such a way the the weight is partially taken on the heads of the pinch bolts. This means that the bottom of the forks are raised slightly higher up which means that there is just enough space for the axle to slide out.

I don't know if this will work for your stand and bike but it might get you out of your current fix.
Cheers Loz, the bike is on the Skylift now so I can safely move the front paddock around without fear of the bike tipping. There is no safe way to take the weight off the front with the Skylift unless the rear wheel is in and I can't be arsed to put it just to take it out again because of this flippin' constand issue. Grr...
 
Sorry it’s a link , I have a front stand with pads the same as the one in the pic Works fine with the 996 which is similar to the 888 fork
Cheers for this - that is probably the type of support needed as sits above the stand leg. (y)
 
There's this one, the pins fit under the forks...
Or this style...
 
There's this one, the pins fit under the forks...
Or this style...
Do you know if the front cowling needs removal to use a head stand? I wondered about these but can't see how it wouldn't interfere with the underside of the cowling until it was seated with the bike.
 
The front m/guard is easier to remove and then the h/light cowl if you needed to. The head stand is more convenient if you wanted to remove the dorks for any reason.
 
Back
Top Bottom