Got One!

rbt1548

Member
After taking a road test on a Supersport last year, I wasn't sure at the time whether I wanted one or not, but it's been nagging away at me ever since, so after nearly a year of contemplation and saving my pennies, I bought one today, not new, but a '67 plate with 1500 miles on the clock.
Due to me 'thinking' about it, I just missed out on one earlier in the week, but luckily this one popped up.

Looking forward to getting it next week.

Isn't it strange when you get a new bike you feel the need to get a helmet too!:D

Cheers
 
Congrats on the new bike, you'll love it. Was that the one in the showroom with panniers?

Thanks Derek, no it wasn't that one, I had the chance to get that one and did contemplate it but by the time I'd thought about it overnight and decided to go for it, it had gone when I called in the morning.
It was a very nice bike and did have a few extras, like panniers and a quickshifter, also the paint protection film, to be honest I have never had a quickshifter so whether I would have used it is open to debate, and although the panniers may have been handy on occasion they seemed to stick out a bit far for me so I probably would have had them off more than on. I may go for a Shad set of panniers if I think I need a set, they seem to get good reviews and aren't too expensive. The paint protection would have been useful though.

My bike is standard although I put on the seat cowl and a tank protector, I may put bar risers on but we'll see how it is first, looking forward to getting it.
Any advice on stuff would be gratefully accepted.
 
I would definitely advise the seat protection film on the tank. By the time I had ridden mine the 100 miles home the tank was showing signs of scuffing at the rear of the tank so I fitted a 3M kit ASAP. I can't stand these carbon look 'tank protectors'. Watch out for the decals on the tank and fairing - they do not have clear coat over them!
I also fitted 15mm bar risers (home made) which helped ease the back of my neck - see here.
 
X2 on the film. I put a Ventureshield kit on - c£100 (made an ar$e of the pillion cover, but heigh-Ho)
I'd recommend a pair of radiator guards. The front 'fender' is too short and the radiators are right in the firing line.
Other than that, you've got one with the frustrating running-in milage done. Enjoy it. Fingers crossed for good weather.
 
Mine was from Invisible Patterns. Seems fine. The crap job on the rear seat cowl was my fault.
Do the easy bits first, migrating to the tank then the cowl last, once you get the hang of it.
 
Mine was from Invisible Patterns. Seems fine. The crap job on the rear seat cowl was my fault.
Do the easy bits first, migrating to the tank then the cowl last, once you get the hang of it.

I got the kit from Invisible Patterns, and went for the, what looked like, the easier bits first as suggested. I thought I would do one of the lights first, that proved a bit difficult with the light having curves in a few directions, anyway I did it, took me a wee while as it was moving all over the place. I then did some other bits and finished it over a couple of days, I think if you'd try and do it all at once it would drive you mad.

The tank top was quite hard to get right and took ages, it's still not brilliant but it's on and will give protection.

I know what you mean by mentioning the seat cowl, I took ages, maybe a couple of hours, over the seat cowl and just couldn't get marks out no matter how I tried, it got to the stage where I thought , "I'm making a howling arse of this", threw the rattle out the pram and took it off!

Anyway the rest of the bike is done and hopefully it'll not look too amateurish and stay on.

Cheers
 
Back
Top Bottom