Interesting 900SS

Hi Mer, welcome to the forum :welcome:
Interesting bike you have, whereabouts in Angus are you?
 
Welcome to the forum. :D

Very nice bike and good luck with the overhaul. Not too far from the 'guru' - AKA Derek :thumbs:
 
Hi, and thanks for the warm welcome.

I am located in Arbroath so fingers crossed for a long hot summer.
The bike has been winging about around the area for a good while now, its an amazing bit of kit.
It has shared the shed with a 749 rebored to 851, with a hellish amount of modifications to the engineering and performance. Will post a photo when I get home. Also a Ducati Monster, fully tricked up. I think that is now kicking about around Carnoustie. I let it go to a pal who needed to make some adjustments to it to suit his body modifications that were courtesy of some unfriendly Taleban types. However, it still looked the mutts. I will get a pic on of that as well.
Anyone off to Italy this year?
 
Fully floating discs, A bit better than they appear. Very effective.Trust me.
+ SL cast iron discs and what looks like Monoblock GP calipers :eek:

Oddly enough over on DSC I've been trying to track down info on fitting wire wheels for someone with a 1992 750ss - seems its so hard / expensive as not to be entertained these days ??? (sadly).
 
What a difference a day makes. No longer will the Ducati 984 Cafe Racer be rejuvenated by me. Due to boring old work, Its up for sale. It isnt right, to sit another long period with the odd ride out.You guys are the first to know, I would like it to go to someone who appreciates the engineering that is held within this machine, See Nevs comments from previous. It featured in a track test by Fast Bikes many moons ago and I have never read such a good right up from them. Amazing. I have the article. It will go on ebay unless if an offer I deem worthy of the bike is received. Serious offers only.
A day of TLC will bring the life back into her looks. The dials and custom made mount will come with the bike. This is the only on left to my knowledge and the only cosmetic item changed in nearly 20 years is the rear lamp. Dont be shy, I can only say no.
 
Last edited:
Fully floating discs, A bit better than they appear. Very effective.Trust me.

You don't need to tell me Sire ;)

Brembo-002lr.jpg


Hmmm... For sale eh? Can never have too many 900's in the garage!

Might you be interested in my ST4s by any chance :)
 
Well done on the Panigale front, Norrie's took him to Italy and back and only ran out of fuel once :o

On the beer front, I think you'll find only the original poster can claim any free pints, eh Derek ;)
 
Nah, the usual sketch on Ebay, a shed load of watchers and a dreamer who won, with no cash. Nice one. So its still up for grabs if any one is interested.
 
Last edited:
This bike is now for sale at Angus Classic Bikes in Forfar. It seems the owner did a deal, trading it in along with a 748 for a newer Kawasaki.
 
Back
Top Bottom