Main Key only works in transponder mode

Alanopilota

New member
I have a 2010 Multistrada 1200S Touring.
The main key only activates when put right up to the Antenna on the bike, it’s been like this for a while.
It behaves exactly as the Red key does.
ITS NOT THE BATTERY in the key fob. Its a new CR2032 and I have tested it and it is producing 3.2v.

My conclusion so far is that the antenna in the key is at fault and that I need a new key....

anybody have experience of this ?

thanks
 
Last edited:
The 3 volts is nominal. I just checked my new spare and its 3.3 volts which is more like what it should be.

I think your battery is ferked, new or not :).

Look on the bright side - its a cheap and easy fix ;)

Make sure you use quality batts that are not out of date
 
Had a similar issue recently on a car fob. Had a pack of the CR2032 in the cupboard, put it in the fob and no change. Bought a new duracell pack, popped it in and sorted
 
Back
Top Bottom