Mini Tour

JonE

New member
I have planned a short 4 day tour to Scotland with the Mrs on the Multi at the end of September.
Would welcome any info on roads/stops/places to see or avoid etc.
Also what to expect temperature/weather wise, if that's even possible?

Day 1 - West Yorkshire to Kircudbright (via Lake District)
Day 2 - To Port Appin (Following the Coastline)
Day 3 - To Dalhousie ( Ft William/Laggan/Pitlochry/Perth/Edinburgh)
Day 4 - To Home (Kielder/Whitby)
 
I always recommend that you try and use the Gourock to Dunoon ferries on routes such as yours.
http://www.western-ferries.co.uk/

It takes about twentyfive minutes and bypasses a lot of the busy and dull roads around Glasgow/erskine bridge area and gets you straight into some lovely country in Argyllshire.
 
Just back from the mini tour.
A fantastic four days...rain, mist, boats, mountains, sunshine, bends, no traffic, seafood, faultless bike!
Thanks for the hints, fantastic knowledge and made the trip perfect.
I am definitely going again.
:D
 
I am definitely going again.
:D

Of course you are, Scotland, made for motorcycling. So glad my country is such a great place for biking. :D
 
Glad you enjoyed it - When the sun is shining theres no better place to be on two wheels - Next time you come up (and yes there will be a next time) add a day to take the west coast all the way to the top, up to Durness - you won't regret it.
 
Back
Top Bottom