Minimum size number plate

GTUK

New member
The minimum legal size of number plate for my registration number is 140mm wide x 163mm high. I'm having difficulty in finding somewhere to make this size of plate - can anyone suggest a supplier?
 
Got some for both my bike and the wife's car, really good quick service and seems to be quality plates.
I only got them late last year, so hardly time to deteriorate, but seems to be very good.

www.myshowplates.com
 
Unfortunately, I already contacted them. They will only supply legal plates in 9" x 7", the same as other suppliers, even though, depending on the reg number, a much smaller plate would also legally comply with BS AU 146d.
 
If it is made with the legally require characters and to the legally required spacing can you not just trim it down to the minimum 11 mm border?
 
If it is made with the legally require characters and to the legally required spacing can you not just trim it down to the minimum 11 mm border?
That's what I did. Masking tape and a hacksaw and a tidy up with a file; you'd think it was made that way.
 
Unfortunately, Craigsplates won't make a BS AU 146d compliant plate to the minimum legal dimensions.
 
Yes I could easily trim the plate size but a legal plate has to be marked with "BS AU 146d" in the right lower corner together with the makers name and post code. If I trim the plate to the minimum legal size I will also cut these off, which then makes the plate illegal.
 
when I got mine ade up, I ask them to print the letters as near to the top as possible. with hindsight I should have asked for them to be as near to the bottom as possible as this would have allowed me to preserve the BS stamp.
 
Back
Top Bottom