My Energy supplier has gone bust.

It's not 4 times cheaper for the customer who paid a higher rate for electricity that only uses renewables as their bills have doubled also so they pay even more premium now 🤣
As Barry Harry and Larry would say Market prices innit.

I think they mean if it was all wind power, which I doubt is feasible.
At least then we wouldn’t be relying on other countries.

I thought the premium was due to it costing more :unsure: we need our Sleuth Noobie to investigate 👀

Don’t worry he’ll be on it soon. 😀

Can’t be far off being cheaper to have solar panels and a wind generator installed rather than paying the suppliers prices. 🤔

Don’t worry he’ll be on it soon. 😀

Can’t be far off being cheaper to have solar panels and a wind generator installed rather than paying the suppliers prices. 🤔
I don't think they allow personal wind turbines on houses as it would be free following the initial investment and carbon neutral so all the plants would die 🤣

As Barry Harry and Larry would say Market prices innit.

I think they mean if it was all wind power, which I doubt is feasible.
At least then we wouldn’t be relying on other countries.
At present it doesn't matter what your new generation plant is they will charge market rates until forced into a contract, wind and solar are intermittent with around 30% uptime similar to hydro - good luck watching Eastenders in winter :ROFLMAO:

At present it doesn't matter what your new generation plant is they will charge market rates until forced into a contract,

Tossers aren’t they. 😬

wind and solar are intermittent with around 30% uptime similar to hydro - good luck watching Eastenders in winter :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, not sure if it would be possible / feasible to go ‘off grid’ and still have enough electrickery all year round. Especially as would need electric heating too. Oh well. It’s a nice thought.
Plus side being no TV though. 🤔

Tossers aren’t they. 😬

Yeah, not sure if it would be possible / feasible to go ‘off grid’ and still have enough electrickery all year round. Especially as would need electric heating too. Oh well. It’s a nice thought.
Plus side being no TV though. 🤔
You can do it if you have your own hydro scheme with wind and solar back up, just have to watch when yo turn the floodlights on :ROFLMAO:

You can do it if you have your own hydro scheme with wind and solar back up, just have to watch when yo turn the floodlights on :ROFLMAO:
I did see a property that was off grid, he had a fishing lake with a tiny hydro wheel that gave him his base load, windmill back up and wood burning raeburn for heating - it was a large property too.

Did you have a fishing lake in your back garden? :unsure:

1659709490040.png

I did see a property that was off grid, he had a fishing lake with a tiny hydro wheel that gave him his base load, windmill back up and wood burning raeburn for heating - it was a large property too.

Did you have a fishing lake in your back garden? :unsure:

Think I’d check that first ,
installing a token meter isn’t cutting you off
Yes, possibly why they are saying raise a complaint with the supplier. Then the supplier can’t install a token box or cut you off.
I don’t really know, often see things that say ‘just do this’ and it’s never that easy.
Hopefully it won’t come to that anyway.

I've been following this notion of well-organised civil disobedience for a long while now .

Since British people don't seem to have the stomach / balls for all-out revolution against oppressive government
( Karl Marx really got that one wrong ! ) , refusal is the next best option in my non-violent opinion .
Just look what Gandhi was able to achieve !

Outright refusal to pay will simply gift them the upper hand , legally speaking ..... and fat bald twats called Steve ,
wearing ill-fitting suits , will turn up on people's doorsteps claiming that they are debt collectors .....
..... acting on instructions from .... Blah , blah , blah .

The smart move is to pay all of these bottom-feeders one tenth of what they demand ..... and cut them off at the knees .

Give them one tithe , to use the Old English term .... then all of their " non-payment " strategies go straight down the drain .

Just imagine the power of one million people doing this ...... what could they possibly do about it ?
..... then imagine ten million doing the same thing !

..... just my two Mongo worth of course ...... :geek:

Last edited:
should be able to repay this in what, several decades, with increasing fuel costs maybe a lot less, especially if they can reduce production costs, then you need to have somewhere you can install - the technology is out there it just need to come down in price

should be able to repay this in what, several decades, with increasing fuel costs maybe a lot less, especially if they can reduce production costs, then you need to have somewhere you can install - the technology is out there it just need to come down in price

Or we could take less showers and put on an extra jumper in winter - as per government advice :ROFLMAO:

A colleague at work has not long ago had solar panels with battery back up installed. Said it was about £18k.
Currently it’s putting twice as much on the grid as he is using. He did say the company he is with are being very slow to install the correct meter he needs to get paid for what he doesn’t use.

Back