Parts availability, particularly older models

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
When I first got the fugley, there were one or two parts I needed. Thinking second hand due to it's age was the only option, it was surprising to find that in some areas that official Ducati parts were quite reasonable. Then there was those parts where getting new seemed to be an issue. I found typing NOS (new old stock) into the bay of evil and then the bike model, saw quite a few parts were available from either Italy and the usa. Not all parts were cheaper using this option but I did find one or two nuggets that even with shipping and customs found the parts quite cheap but more importantly, available.

I'm sure most will try and source their parts from U.K. outlets but are there any nook and cranny's or unusual places you've found to get parts from and any tips on ho too?
 
I too have brought a lot of new old stock parts from Ebay, and tend to buy stuff like Air and Oil filters when I see them for future use.

But as Markduc says above it's often the case that parts can be purchased from a main dealer for less than on Ebay.
A few years ago I was keeping an eye on several early Monster rear undertrays as some daft tw*t had replaced my M900 one in the past with a sheet of 4mm thick Ali that looked crap and weighed more than the original.
Anyway, all the second hand ones with marks, scrapes and broken lugs etc were @£20-£25 on Ebay, but when I plucked up the courage to ask Moto Rapido the price new it was £17.

Nasher.
 
If I'm looking for something particular I often get the part number from the Stein Dinse parts diagrams, then just Google it or put it into Ebay using the include description function in the search.

You'll be surprised what can be found that way which can't be found searching for something like 'M900 undertray', as some sellers of new old stock parts just know they have a part in Ducati branded packaging and a part number on a label, but are too lazy or stupid to google the part number and find out what they have to increase the search engine hits when they advertise it.
 
Not for the older bikes though Noobie.
If you have anything with Carbs you are an outcast as far as nearly all the online Ducati parts guys are concerned.
Your top link starts @2000 with injected Monsters and SSie models.

Stein Dinse are the only ones I know of who have all the parts diagrams for older bikes available to view online.

Nasher.
 
Last edited:
Australia is a backwater for Ducati parts. The Italians must consider our 25 million popn spread around capital cities hundreds or even thousands of km's apart. No matter the part it always seems to have to go on backorder and take 2 or 3 months to get hold of.

So when I was rebuilding the 748R discovering the parts department at Moto Rapido was a treasure trove. If they didn't have it they could get it inside a week. The cost of shipping was a bitch, but if I had have relied on Ducati Aust to get all the parts I needed it would have been a decade long build.
 
Everclear
Stein Dinse list parts for 748 variants, including parts explosion diagrams, and have the advantage of non OEM parts for some items.

Not sure if it's cheaper to ship from Germany to Australia than from the UK though.

Nasher.
 
Msp are offering 10% off till end of January if that helps anyone.


Failing that I try looking in stein dinse as they not only have the parts fiches to virw but some stuff they actually use their own supplier to produce as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom