Recomended Insurance Companies

TimTimNiceBut

New member
Not 100% sure why, but the folks I insured with last year haven't even bothered to contact me this... And I didn't make any claims to give them the excuse :)

Who recomends which Insurance Company and Why would be interesting to me and I guess a number of other folk too.

Thanks

Tim
 
Ramasis. They are the firm who do Ducati Insurance. I was with them before but moved when I needed better breakdown cover, their's is very basic. But now that I have comprehensive breakdown cover through my bank including foreign travel I've moved back to them. Good on price, especially with 3 bikes, easy to deal with, and don't make a fuss about Termi exhausts etc.
 
Wicked insurance.
I got a better deal through them for exactly the same policy as other brokers gave me.
 
From the day I turned 50, never a week goes past without unsolicited junk mail from SAGA. I've never opened any of it. I tear them up and throw them in the waste paper bin and I don't care if they offer the cheapest policies in the world :mad:
 
Have just ordered a MTS950 I went to use Carol Nash as usual only to be informed that it would be classed as group
18 and fully comp would cost nearly £450 with £450 excess ! My pervious policy with them was a multi bike covering a 1100GS, VStrom1000 and a couple of CCM's all for around £250 and £250 excess. Multi bike including the 950 was going to be nearly £700. Their policies come with a plethora of 'freebies' that I done need.
Ramasis on the other hand have quoted £242 + £25 for legal cover for the 950 and £500 for all five, and, £250
Excess. I guess the 'freebies' aren't so free after all.
 
Despite having been with Carole Nash for over 15 years, and never making a claim, they kept hiking my premium up by extortionate amounts. I got well fed up with the renewal process and the agressive and cocky attitude of some of their staff. Now with Footman James who were much more competative and their staff are very professional.
 
i was just about to ask that question, so thanks. Two Ducatis and one Aprilia i need insured, but reading this variation on service from those companies, so which one cheers
 
SAME COMMENTS AS LAST YEAR:- Wicked insurance.
I got a better deal through them for exactly the same policy as other brokers gave me.
 
Have you tried a comparison website, such as GoCompare or Moneysupermarket etc
Couple of tips tho.
When imputing details, give a mobile number with a digit wrong, other wise you will get bombarded with calls and text.
If you have an unused e-mail account ie: g mail address. If not you may have to unsubscribe from the e-mails that will come your way.
 
sorted last nighty one Aprilia rsvr, two Ducati 998 S models, all mint, fully comp 309 bar, carole nash, no too shabby.
 
got my renewal quote in from Bennets a fortnight ago for the 2 bikes at £336.

tried the comparison websites (moneysupermarket & gocompare) for individual policies which both worked out only just a wee cheaper than that even individually combined etc....

tried also mce and beewise as multibike policies in search engines but after going through the online fill in detail process with each would only allow 1 bike detail to be entered.......suffice to say they then phoned me direct to discuss the quote I had started withe them to be offered ....£620...when I laughed the guy said...oh I take it thats dearer than your renewal or offere delsewhere....eh...yeah.

Tried Ramasis and Wicked online quotes...couldnt give a quote online and then said phonelines open weekdays normal office hours (which I cant do) so in the end phoned up bennets...had a chat...and got offered the both bikes...full extra options (legal, breakdown, helmet & leathers, pillion, ride other bikes etc) for £250 for both bikes.

RESULT.

Thing I dont get, the 749 was quoting as more expensive individually, its older (2005), less value, and lower insurance group (15) than the diavel (2011), more expensive value, ins grp (17). ????
 
A. What's the other bike , and b I got 3,super bikes for 309. Ha forgot auld guys discount. Aye sobeit. 😎
 
Back
Top Bottom