Riding videos and equipment

RA5

Elite Member
Subscriber
For those of you interested in capturing rides, vlogging etc. a place to share your videos, set-ups advice, questions etc.

My current set up:

Drone shots:
DJI Mavic2 Pro Zoom

POV cameras:
GoPro8 (helmet mounted)
Insta360 One RS Twin Pack (4K & 360 lenses) with Motorcycle Kit

I'm new to all of this learning as I go along and sharing what I learn to help others interested.

I received the Insta360 today and had to take it for a spin to see what all the fuss is about. Impressive!!

Mounting the camera off the rear passenger foot peg, its crazy how it captures everything and one can pan around the video. Need to play around with mounting options for better views.

I need to find a non youtube place to post my videos. We tried posting a video a while back and received a copyright claim for 100% original music I wrote and recorded. Fakk U2b. Copyright claims from bots owned by people making money off of others work is plain bullshit.

I don't care for views or whatever just a place I can upload videos to share here. Will look into it this weekend.

98362E88-E421-43E7-BE70-FC0846C54FBE.gif

So yeah It's been a while, been working on the best place to mount cams with mixed results nothing worth sharing at the moment as I've yet to figure out how to edit 360 videos. Been working on the captures mostly.

Next trick's gonna be mounting X2 360's front and back/side to see what that gives me. The Buell has limited mounting options soooo.

Also been having some Perry-esk technical challenges. My laptop's old, the i-Pad is limited when it comes to Insta360 editor, blah blah blah...

More to come once I figure out editing.

The Insta360 X3 is all you need to capture great video from your rides. It manages wind reduction noise very well.

I finished this one a few days ago, but couldn't upload due to local storage issues as the file is 1.7GB. It was a challenging project, learning Adobe Premier Pro, selecting footage (there's much more I wanted to include), the freaking labels (I need to go back and figure out how to make them smoother), audio and music was all a lot to learn and figure out.

Last edited:
I finished this one a few days ago, but couldn't upload due to local storage issues as the file is 1.7GB. It was a challenging project, learning Adobe Premier Pro, selecting footage (there's much more I wanted to include), the freaking labels (I need to go back and figure out how to make them smoother), audio and music was all a lot to learn and figure out.

Where is the museum of pronouns and Bud Light? :unsure:

Great video dude.(y)

Where is the museum of pronouns and Bud Light? :unsure:

Great video dude.(y)
You should be a comedian.

Seriously, it was all around. The shit's crazy here.

I'll have to post a bunch of little clips from that ride.

I want to make a video of a ride downtown Frederick on a Saturday.

I'm still going through the videos from the bridges ride, I have a clip from when I stopped at a petrol station. I went inside to get drinks for me and Lady K.

Not sure what it was, maybe the fact that I had a camera poking over my helmet, but the dude at the register was giving me some looks. He looked straight at the camera 3-4 times. Unnoticeable at normal speed, I was just paying for shit. I tracked his face and during the process, it slows it down and you get to see a bunch of micro expressions. Very interesting.

It's 'Murica silly!

The video could be shorter, but I had to edit on my phone, which is a PITA cause I don't have tiny lady fingers . The video captures the total length of that road. Short but fun.

It's 'Murica silly!

The video could be shorter, but I had to edit on my phone, which is a PITA cause I don't have tiny lady fingers . The video captures the total length of that road. Short but fun.
Have you ever had the thought of living in batshit crazy UK, you can be as honest as you like!! :unsure::)

We'd love to live in the UK. It is an intimidating notion to be honest.

We were just talking about planning a trip to the UK next year.
As much as it is batshit if you do your own thing as in riding and meeting people there still is some sane people out there. The weather here at the moment is hot as fuck, come over and take a dive into madness!! (y)

Back