Scanners ???

dseered

New member
Goig to buy a scanner for my computer, mainly to keep me occupied tommorrow when everyone else is getting bored to tears with the family !!

I have got hundreds of old photos that I would like to get onto my Mac, I saw one in Comet or Dixons can never remeber which one it is, anyways, it was reduced from £66-£33 ish so looked quite good, what should I be looking out for ????
 
dseered said:
Goig to buy a scanner for my computer, mainly to keep me occupied tommorrow when everyone else is getting bored to tears with the family !!

I have got hundreds of old photos that I would like to get onto my Mac, I saw one in Comet or Dixons can never remeber which one it is, anyways, it was reduced from £66-£33 ish so looked quite good, what should I be looking out for ????

make sure its mac oSX compatible, some aren't and you won't be able to get mac drivers easily or cheaply.
 
Good point, that is something that me being a hungover dooofus would have overlooked, I think it was a Xerox one and seemed to be a good deal !

I will check before I buy, look out for some really bad pics !
 
I've got one of these HP all-in-one thingies in the house, has a document feeder too - would imagine you might be able to make it scan several photo's via the document feeder in one go - but never tried it tbh.

Also, dunno if it's mac compatible either - but if you've got loads of photo's to scan I think it would be a great addition to have one that could feed them itself, saves you doing it.

You could just set it up and have a few bevvies while it's working away!

Cheers!

Scott
 
Scott,
I've got a Canon Lide 30. Cost about £50, is powered by the USB socket, is Mac compatible, comes with standalone software and a Photoshop plug-in and I can highly recommend it.
 
Software wouldn't play though, just hooked it up and PS found it so happy days, I will have another go at some point, scanning loads of old pics, lots of fun, I don't half look a cock though !
 
Back
Top Bottom