shipping

molenz

New member
hello, you ducati guys, have any of you shipped a bike to USA, and what company was used, and were they any good, thanks the noo Molenz :)
 
Ohhhh interesting - Ive seen a few posts about bikes coming over from the US but not out to there - keep us posted man.
 
Pity you hadna asked me that a couple of months ago Johnny. A guy from the Scottish Classic Bike club is getting his plunger-framed BSA A10 shipped over there and intends to ride it coast to coast. I would have asked him about the shipping but he has now set off overland to Australia and from there, on to the US where he will meet up with his bike.
 
cool deke, any chance of asking him the company name via interpidgeon. but aye ta and i'll look around,
 
I would if I could but I've no idea where he is just now, somewhere between here and Australia, and I don't know what his current email is either.
 
Johnny at the Classic show I spoke to a lady from James Cargo about shipping my Sportster to US, it was about £2.5k by air freight but there are cheaper sea freight options. From what I remember they pick it up crate it and deal with the paperwork here's a link for some useful contacts http://www.motorcycle.co.uk/shipping. I'm still in a quandary as shipping costs about the same as hiring for 10 days but I would be able to carry on riding after the tour was over just not sure I fancy an extended period on my own.
 
thanks Mr B., yeah the slow boat is my option, as in i don't need to use it , the bike that is and i'll be leaving it in AL., until about march, and yeah much cheaper, thanks for that :)
 
Back
Top Bottom