some pics from the Isle Of Man....

NeilD

New member
I'll start with this stunning Darmah which was stalking me, we seemed to to see it everywhere we went much to the amusement of my other half who took each oportunity to remind me that she'd never seen mine running... :o


2013-08-27 015 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

a few from the IMOC bike night at Port Erin


2013-08-27 003 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 005 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 009 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 010 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 011 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 012 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 019 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 023 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 024 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 028 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 030 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 036 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 034 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

and some others seen out and about


2013-08-26 005 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-26 015 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 038 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 113 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-27 120 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-26 001 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-24 008 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-24 004 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr
 
yep I quite like the new format with the classic stuff concentrated around the fiirst weekend - did seem to be quite a few people on out campsite who left on the Tuesday, with others arriving for the Manx GP...

a few pics of the racing machinery..


2013-08-23 008 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

These blokes came from Finland but both bikes lunched their engines during practice.. :eek:


2013-08-23 003 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

My friends were involved with the other Guzzi running in the F1 class.. their first attempt at the TT course and they did appear on the scoresheet, even though it was at the bottom... to put it into some perspective first in their class was Michael Dunlop on a 'replica' Suzuki X69... there were about 70 entries, 40 odd qualifiers and only 23 finishers so i think they did themselves proud..


2013-08-25 143 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

couple of Ducati were also running


2013-08-25 099 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-25 136 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-25 121 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-25 117 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

F1/F2 and classics were run together so an interesting selection of machines out on the course

2013-08-25 078 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-25 097 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-25 102 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

The 250/350 race was run first

Aermacchi

2013-08-25 069 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

Several Hondas


2013-08-25 070 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-25 047 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-25 113 - Copy by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-25 103 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-25 086 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

John McGuinness led the parade lap


2013-08-25 008 - Copy by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

Phil Read appeared to be lost !

2013-08-25 016 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

Michael Dunlop on an RGV500

2013-08-25 017 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

and Fast Freddie Spencer shows he can still get it up!

2013-08-25 029 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-25 052 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-23 059 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-23 038 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr


2013-08-23 039 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr
 
Excellent photos there thanks for sharing. Something I would like to go to in the future is the classic as I did enjoy watching them race in the first week of this years TT
 
Thanks for those pics - some great images! :thumbs:

I've often fancied the TT, but have been put off by the whole having to book years in advance thing. Maybe the Manx could be the way to go in a few years... :)
 
great pictures. I particularly liked the stand of quickfillers.
Aye, chrome don't get you home, but rust'll bust yer!
 
I've often fancied the TT, but have been put off by the whole having to book years in advance thing. Maybe the Manx could be the way to go in a few years... :)

I've not been over since 2000, and that was for the manx. too.. all seems a bit more civillised to me, something that was confirmed by a couple of TT regulars I met over there - they said it was nice to actually be able to ride around without the fear of getting involved in someone elses accident..!!!! This year was the first time its been run like this, with the Classic TT and the Festival of motorcycling during the first weekend, with the emphasis on classics, followed by the Manx GP later... seems a good thing to me as it allows people to take shorter breaks rather than commit to the whole fortnight... we looked at booking earlier in the year but couldnt get accomadation/leave/ferries to tie-up... we had another look about a month before the event and managed to get a ferry sorted although of course prices and availability werent so good, which why we ended up in the car... the positive of that was that we could take the big tent, which made a weeks camping far more reasonable, rather than 2 of us in the tent we carry on the bike :D I think after the coverage etc then it will be busier next year..
 
  • Like
Reactions: mbg
Cracking shots. You've caught the spirit of the event very well I think. I started off taking pictures then realized I was missing the action, so gave up. I'm glad you didn't. Only one complaint, no shots of my bike.....:D
 
I was quite pleased with them, only the 2nd outing with the camera :eek: we had all sorts of plans of moving around on the monday and getting some different shots, but i was quite happy in Ramsey with the co op and costa coffee within walking distance :D what bike were you on??
 
Black Pantah special which spent all of Monday parked in the paddock while I watched the racing from the grandstand, plus most of Tuesday while I fixed the clutch. Then seen at the Creg and at Laxey on Wednesday:

5342157935_ccc2ff13c7.jpg
[/url]
PsychoPantah by john66ferry, on Flickr[/IMG]

Unfortunately, I missed the Italian bike thing at Port Erin.....
 
Last edited:
we were parked next to you in the queue for the ferry home, was about to take a snap when another car parked between us! so you almost made it on the original posting! :)
 
Back
Top Bottom