Chiz
Elite Member
Folks, Here is something I did not know.
My Ducati Superlight is SORNEd at present.
My insurance renewal came in today & I went to renew.
I got told as the bike is SORNed then they cannot renew the policy.
I need to get a special SORN/Laid up insurance policy as the existing policy is for a road worthy bike.
I explained that the bike is road worthy & that a large amount of bikes get sorned over the winter & the supervisor told me that the policies had changed a few years ago.
Any bike that gets SORNed needs a special "laid up" policy.
OOOOOPS! Better check this out & if any of you guys have not realised this then you better check.
I'm through Motorcycle Direct & the policy is through Equity Red Star.
My Ducati Superlight is SORNEd at present.
My insurance renewal came in today & I went to renew.
I got told as the bike is SORNed then they cannot renew the policy.
I need to get a special SORN/Laid up insurance policy as the existing policy is for a road worthy bike.
I explained that the bike is road worthy & that a large amount of bikes get sorned over the winter & the supervisor told me that the policies had changed a few years ago.
Any bike that gets SORNed needs a special "laid up" policy.
OOOOOPS! Better check this out & if any of you guys have not realised this then you better check.
I'm through Motorcycle Direct & the policy is through Equity Red Star.