Hi All,
Thinking of parting with my 6900 mile 996R, she's great nick but with the usual small signs of her nearly-7k miles. It's one of the numbered ones, HPI clear, no finance, will be serviced and ready to ride by Murrays in Edinburgh.
My reason for considering selling is that, although a beautiful thing, she's never really engaged me that much. I can't modify it (and those who know me will understand that this is what bugs me most!!) for fear of devaluing her, every mile affects her value, in fact breathing on the damn thing seems to affect her value!! I simply don't like having that whole 'value' thing hanging around and I'm not rich enough to be able to think 'damn the value' and just ride it as it should be.
So she's always stuck at the back of my garage, under a cover and a pile of old duvets to protect her so I cant even admire her as a work of art.
I've got plenty other (modified, yeaayy!) Dukes that I can ride without any such concerns and are quicker and probably more fun anyhoos so I will not be Dukeless if she goes.
So,
a) am I mad for even considering selling her?
b) am I madder for not riding her?
c) if I do put her up for sale, how much should I ask for her?
Your thoughts will be appreciated folks (apart from the inevitable abusive ones, you can stick those up your bahoochie!!)
Cheers guys and gals................... Chris
Thinking of parting with my 6900 mile 996R, she's great nick but with the usual small signs of her nearly-7k miles. It's one of the numbered ones, HPI clear, no finance, will be serviced and ready to ride by Murrays in Edinburgh.
My reason for considering selling is that, although a beautiful thing, she's never really engaged me that much. I can't modify it (and those who know me will understand that this is what bugs me most!!) for fear of devaluing her, every mile affects her value, in fact breathing on the damn thing seems to affect her value!! I simply don't like having that whole 'value' thing hanging around and I'm not rich enough to be able to think 'damn the value' and just ride it as it should be.
So she's always stuck at the back of my garage, under a cover and a pile of old duvets to protect her so I cant even admire her as a work of art.
I've got plenty other (modified, yeaayy!) Dukes that I can ride without any such concerns and are quicker and probably more fun anyhoos so I will not be Dukeless if she goes.
So,
a) am I mad for even considering selling her?
b) am I madder for not riding her?
c) if I do put her up for sale, how much should I ask for her?
Your thoughts will be appreciated folks (apart from the inevitable abusive ones, you can stick those up your bahoochie!!)
Cheers guys and gals................... Chris