TT 2026

JAT

Elite Member
Subscriber
@Markduc do you know the dates of the 2026 TT? The ferry booking hell is fast approaching and these dates don’t seem right to me.
I always thought Mad Sunday was the first Sunday in June which would make these dates a week early.
IMG_6742.webp
 
@Markduc do you know the dates of the 2026 TT? The ferry booking hell is fast approaching and these dates don’t seem right to me.
I always thought Mad Sunday was the first Sunday in June which would make these dates a week early.
View attachment 136138
No everything is provisional, but last week in may first week in June sounds about right
If anyone knows it will be duke marketing
 
  • Like
Reactions: JAT
This is high on my bucket list, I want to see the greatest race on earth in person. Maybe in 2027 I will be able to make it there. Would there be any place that provides a package deal with ferry, hotel, tickets and whatever else. I have only been to UK 2x and both times were just fly into London and stay with Family.
 
This is high on my bucket list, I want to see the greatest race on earth in person. Maybe in 2027 I will be able to make it there. Would there be any place that provides a package deal with ferry, hotel, tickets and whatever else. I have only been to UK 2x and both times were just fly into London and stay with Family.
@JAT is the iom travel guru 👍
 
This is high on my bucket list, I want to see the greatest race on earth in person. Maybe in 2027 I will be able to make it there. Would there be any place that provides a package deal with ferry, hotel, tickets and whatever else. I have only been to UK 2x and both times were just fly into London and stay with Family.
There is Duke Travel but be warned they are very expensive. I suppose it depends on what level of accommodation you want, they offer hotels, camping with pre erected tents etc.
The other way is to book the ferry at Steampacket and then try to sort accommodation to suit.
The tickets for TT 2026 go on sale on the 19th May via the Steampacket website.
Some of the Manx people offer homestay, a sort of bed and breakfast. This is what we do, once you get one you never let it go.
There’s a website for this which I’ll post up.

As a one off the Duke option would be the best option for you as it saves all the hassle, at a cost. I’ll post the website.
I think Geoff Dukes son is still involved in some capacity.

Another thing to think of is transport. Hire a car so you can explore the Island plus it gives you access to the best viewing spots. There is a bus service that will drop you off at various spots on the course.
Bear in mind there are limited hire cars on the Island so it would need sorting way in advance.

Other than the ferry you can fly to the Island from many airports in the UK, again book way in advance.
As I say Duke is the place to start, you’ll get some idea of cost etc.

If only we knew of someone who lives in Andreas…….
@Markduc

 
To give an idea of our costs:
Ferry, a van with 2 passengers, bikes in the back is £800.
Homestay is £50/night.
Plus whatever you want to spend on beer, food etc.
People say the ferry is expensive but bear in mind you don’t pay anything else to watch the races. In theory we should see 7 races in the week we’re there, MOTOGP is over £100 for the day.
I know where I’d rather be!
Lastly, the Manx weather is very unpredictable so you may be stuck in a hedge for hours…all part of the TT.
You never know I may have bought my dream Manx Cottage by 2027, you can stay with me.
Along with the rest of the Lunatics on here….
1744875234488.gif
 
There is Duke Travel but be warned they are very expensive. I suppose it depends on what level of accommodation you want, they offer hotels, camping with pre erected tents etc.
The other way is to book the ferry at Steampacket and then try to sort accommodation to suit.
The tickets for TT 2026 go on sale on the 19th May via the Steampacket website.
Some of the Manx people offer homestay, a sort of bed and breakfast. This is what we do, once you get one you never let it go.
There’s a website for this which I’ll post up.

As a one off the Duke option would be the best option for you as it saves all the hassle, at a cost. I’ll post the website.
I think Geoff Dukes son is still involved in some capacity.

Another thing to think of is transport. Hire a car so you can explore the Island plus it gives you access to the best viewing spots. There is a bus service that will drop you off at various spots on the course.
Bear in mind there are limited hire cars on the Island so it would need sorting way in advance.

Other than the ferry you can fly to the Island from many airports in the UK, again book way in advance.
As I say Duke is the place to start, you’ll get some idea of cost etc.

If only we knew of someone who lives in Andreas…….
@Markduc

Bloody hell it’s only 9am
Let me have a few coffee’s and a good shite and I’ll come up with a few suggestions
I can hear the credit card groaning already
 
This is high on my bucket list, I want to see the greatest race on earth in person. Maybe in 2027 I will be able to make it there. Would there be any place that provides a package deal with ferry, hotel, tickets and whatever else. I have only been to UK 2x and both times were just fly into London and stay with Family.
I would

Fly from USA to Manchester or Liverpool then to IOM
The ferry just makes for more travel and you have to put up with all them gay GS riders who got lost looking for waitrose

Choose where to stay

Douglas
Lots going on but expensive parking is a nightmare at best of times
So I would rely on public transport our hi speed rail links are great 🤣🤣🤣

Ramsey
Quieter but still enough going on

Anywhere down south just adds to your daily travel

Anywhere else hire a car

Lots of car hire at the airport

You can get pre erected tents or clamping pods but if it’s a poor weather year god help you
Hotels expensive , bed and breakfast more reasonable
Home stay if you get a good one are the best value

An off the wall idea is a camper van and you could stay in a few different camps sites or even totally off grid at somewhere like the ayres ( I think you need a £5 license)


If you decide on public transport I’m happy to pick you up from airport, wrestling your suitcases on PT wouldn’t be fun

The main thing is book your accommodation very early and transport almost as early
If you look a lot of places are booked for 2026 already
 
Last edited:
I would

Fly from USA to Manchester or Liverpool then to IOM
The ferry just makes for more travel and you have to put up with all them gay GS riders who got lost looking for waitrose

Choose where to stay

Douglas
Lots going on but expensive parking is a nightmare at best of times
So I would rely on public transport our hi speed rail links are great 🤣🤣🤣

Ramsey
Quieter but still enough going on

Anywhere down south just adds to your daily travel

Anywhere else hire a car

Lots of car hire at the airport

You can get pre erected tents or clamping pods but if it’s a poor weather year god help you
Hotels expensive , bed and breakfast more reasonable
Home stay if you get a good one are the best value

An off the wall idea is a camper van and you could stay in a few different camps sites or even totally off grid at somewhere like the ayres ( I think you need a £5 license)

If you decide on public transport I’m happy to pick you up from airport, wrestling your suitcases on PT wouldn’t be fun

The main thing is book your accommodation very early and transport almost as early
If you look a lot of places are booked for 2026 already
The camper van idea is brilliant. A couple of years ago there was someone in a van at Sulby Reservoir, he was staying there all week. He had a dirt bike to flit about on.
The trouble is getting the bloody thing on the Island, you could always go early and spend a few days exploring.
 
The camper van idea is brilliant. A couple of years ago there was someone in a van at Sulby Reservoir, he was staying there all week. He had a dirt bike to flit about on.
The trouble is getting the bloody thing on the Island, you could always go early and spend a few days exploring.
I’ve edited above post vans already here

 
Back
Top Bottom