Welcome all DUN Members

Right.... here's an update! The bike is still available and I still want it. Usually I'm fairly decisive, but now I'm not so sure........ Is anyone else here suffering a lack of confidence due to the plane crash that is the economy? I have the dosh but I'm thinking "Ooo, I should save my pennies 'just in case'.." But the bike keeps tormenting me!! Aargghh! Ok.. calm... thoughts from the esteemed community desperately needed before I go and do something stupid like buy a new sofa instead. Oh the horror, the horror.... 😩

Right.... here's an update! The bike is still available and I still want it. Usually I'm fairly decisive, but now I'm not so sure........ Is anyone else here suffering a lack of confidence due to the plane crash that is the economy? I have the dosh but I'm thinking "Ooo, I should save my pennies 'just in case'.." But the bike keeps tormenting me!! Aargghh! Ok.. calm... thoughts from the esteemed community desperately needed before I go and do something stupid like buy a new sofa instead. Oh the horror, the horror.... 😩

Have you considered asking Perry for his advice before you take the plunge?

I agree regarding the economy but it would be a shame to look back when you’re too old to ride an 848 and think “I wish I’d bought that bike.”
Even if you lose a few quid it’d be worth it for the experience.
Says me, who has been dreaming of a SFV4 ever since they came out!!
One day I keep saying….
If you can afford it, buy it. You’re a long time dead.

Buy 🤷‍♂️

Buy. @JAT and the others are right. Life is fragile and fleeting and no-one knows what’s around the corner but if you have the money and aren’t borrowing it and if it’s not being taken from somewhere else like the ‘Pay the electricity fund’ then go for it.

If the bike’s still for sale you may be able to drive a hard enough bargain you have enough money saved off the ticket price to buy the sofa as well 👍 win win.

Back