What music are you listening to on your playlist?

Dj of the trace brigade was Paul van Dyk, his 6 hour sets @ gatecrasher were legendery!!

I saw his dad Dick in Mary Poppins......awesome....giving it large..chimchiminee....

Got to say guys you've just made me feel reeeaaaallllly old. Apart from Jamie Cullum the rest are a blank. Got Frank Sinatra on as I have a glass of red just now.:eek:

Christ I didnt know you lot were into that type of music, I warmed up for Oakenfold three weeks ago at Turnmills in London.(just thought I wold throw that in)
Currently listening to the adam feeland mix of Smeel like teen spirit.
Oakenfold is not the man he was his mixing is like a car crash, Sasha still is and allways will be the master:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Oakenfold is a shadow of his former self...frankly he's just become a lazy b@stard. Last time we saw him was warming up for the Madonna concert in Moscow...seems he thinks he doesn't have to do much more than turn up and flick the crossfader these days!

I used to go out on a Saturday night, but first I would set up my mates stereo with a C120 (2 hr blank cassette) to tape the Essential Mix. We usually got in around 4 or 5ish and then party away till 8,9,12 or through the day to the stuff we had recorded. Them were the days!!! ;) :) :)

Nice one Steve, there was I thinking who the heck were most of those of bands mentioned, I don't know them, yep that's me, stuck in a time warp.
Mind you, I've changed the Hounds of Love for Tears For Fears - Elemental from '93, great album. great band.

I take it you know Im streaming (is that the right jargon?) from you???? Just switched it on now. I do like my trance though always have done and probably always will. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

yeah, i can see its you streaming :) i like loads of different types of music depending upon my mood

:faint:

at least this Fish is worthy of mention :D

He featured in some "Rock Drama" a number of years ago. Can't remember what it was all about but was pretty much tongue in cheek. Seem to recall he played a semi-washed up rocker called "Trout"! (No, not Walter!!)

I used to go out on a Saturday night, but first I would set up my mates stereo with a C120 (2 hr blank cassette) to tape the Essential Mix. We usually got in around 4 or 5ish and then party away till 8,9,12 or through the day to the stuff we had recorded. Them were the days!!! ;) :) :)

I used to be involved in all that too Davie, Started out in my younger days going to the Mardi-Gras till it got burned down then it was every sat night at the metro for about 3 years solid! Good times!! :cool:

I've been listening to the new Arctic Monkeys cd - excellent.

New Groove Armada should arrive soon. Going to see them at Barrowlands on 21 May. Should be good.

I used to be involved in all that too Davie, Started out in my younger days going to the Mardi-Gras till it got burned down then it was every sat night at the metro for about 3 years solid! Good times!! :cool:

LOL.....I think we need a DuN outing to Ibiza or the Miami Winter Dance Conference.....;)

Now about the sub forum Dance Music section Gizmo???........;)

LOL Ranald, Bill Nelson at his best, Martin H will be along in a mo to assist in the glam rock revival :lol2:

Was on a website the other day that was devoted to XTC (the band) and Bill Nelsons son popped in and started discussion the similarities between an XTC song and one of his fathers songs with Be bop Deluxe which prompted me to dig my old Vinyl out. Havent listened to him for ages but am just going to give 'Getting the holy ghost across' a quick spin.

Have had 'Marquee moon' by Television on this morning. How Tom Verlaine has never taken Razorlight to court for plagarising all his work beggars belief.

Also been listening to

MC5 - Back in the USA
A bit of Roxy Music
Patti Smith Various
Bauhaus - Bela Lugosis dead
Gomez - various tracks
Funkadelic - Various
Tricky - Maxinquaye
The The - Soul Mining / Infected
Beck - lots of (all good stuff)
Eels - all good stuff as well

LOL.....I think we need a DuN outing to Ibiza or the Miami Winter Dance Conference.....;)

Now about the sub forum Dance Music section Gizmo???........;)

I couldnt agree more, I will in Ibiza from the 8th july for 10 days, then up to the wickerman festival in scotland, a summer of madness awaits.
Although I am getting far too old for all this, I will bash on!

Back