Domenico
Active member
Now that the 916 has been gone for a few months I'm starting to experience withdrawal symptoms. The CBR 600F is a good bike but I can't say I am especially passionate about owning it like I was with the 916. Consequently, I have been scouring the web for something red which might fit the bill. Heart says Monster S4R but head, number of birthdays and spending limit imposed by my lovely wife says it's more likely to be a Monster 620S from 2001-2003 - the "normal" 620 won't do as it has a low seat height and doesn't have the ally swing arm and a few other bits and pieces. I have never ridden or sat on a Monster, so that dear readers is why I am asking those among you who have owned or ridden one to give me the benefit of your knowledge and experience. My main questions are:
Is it reasonably comfortable or does it make your arse, neck, knee and any other parts ache?
I'm not expecting a 620 to try to rip my arms out their sockets, but is there enough power to have a bit of fun on the A roads?
I assume that it handles and brakes ok, does it?
Yes, I know it's a Ducati but is it reliable? If not what are the problems?
And finally, if you sold yours, do you look back at it with affection or relief?
Anything else you have to say or observe, on the subject, will be appreciated.
Thanks for reading this to the end, I hope to hear from you:lol2:
Is it reasonably comfortable or does it make your arse, neck, knee and any other parts ache?
I'm not expecting a 620 to try to rip my arms out their sockets, but is there enough power to have a bit of fun on the A roads?
I assume that it handles and brakes ok, does it?
Yes, I know it's a Ducati but is it reliable? If not what are the problems?
And finally, if you sold yours, do you look back at it with affection or relief?
Anything else you have to say or observe, on the subject, will be appreciated.
Thanks for reading this to the end, I hope to hear from you:lol2:
Last edited: