I'm off a week on Monday riding down. Ferry overnight from Hull to Zeebrugge.
Anyway I'm getting sidetracked. What this is about is sorting the bike before I go. One worrying thing is I have just had Michelin 2CT's fitted and there seems to be a problem with some of them. I will check that tomorrow after my ride to Devil's Bridge. I am a little concerned about chain tension on my Multi. I have a Scott Oiler and everything seems ok. However, I have difficulty knowing what is the right tension. On the centre stand there seems to be a lot of play on the bottom run. Obviously, this will tension up off the stand with weight on the bike. I can push the bottom line up to the underside of the swinging arm on the stand and it would probably go further but for the arm, although not much further. I've read about the recommendations but it's the kind of thing you need a feel for. When I idle the bike on the centre stand in first gear the chain doesn't half clatter. Is this right ?
Anyway I'm getting sidetracked. What this is about is sorting the bike before I go. One worrying thing is I have just had Michelin 2CT's fitted and there seems to be a problem with some of them. I will check that tomorrow after my ride to Devil's Bridge. I am a little concerned about chain tension on my Multi. I have a Scott Oiler and everything seems ok. However, I have difficulty knowing what is the right tension. On the centre stand there seems to be a lot of play on the bottom run. Obviously, this will tension up off the stand with weight on the bike. I can push the bottom line up to the underside of the swinging arm on the stand and it would probably go further but for the arm, although not much further. I've read about the recommendations but it's the kind of thing you need a feel for. When I idle the bike on the centre stand in first gear the chain doesn't half clatter. Is this right ?