20th Anniversary

Pict

Elite Member
At midnight on 31st July 1994, I fired up my M600 in Alvins off Leith Walk and headed off in to the night to Aberdour which was home at the time.

First ever new bike, and first ever Ducati. I have never been without one (or two, or five.. :o) since :D

M600
900SL
748BP, laterly 853
848

900SL
900SS - SuperSpurt 944
900SS - Future Project; ubiquitous Maria Motorcycles / WrenchMonkees Cafe Racer clone
HyperMotard 1100 EVO SP
750SS / M600 - Future, future project; already plotting and planning

Not many over 20 years, the 748 accounted for 12 of those years / almost 50K miles but I only keep them so long because they are great!
 
Hi Pict,
I see you converted your 748 to 853.
a) Was it what you expected i.e power/useability?
b) How much did it cost?

Just interested as i have seen a few posts on other forums about this subject.

Cheers,

John
 
Terrific !! hope the projects see the light of day. Alvins was a great dealer, I used to have runs through there for a nosey around.
 
Hi Pict,
I see you converted your 748 to 853.
a) Was it what you expected i.e power/useability?
b) How much did it cost?

Just interested as i have seen a few posts on other forums about this subject.

Cheers,

John

Hi John, to use the well worn cliche, it's the best bike that Ducati never made. All the revs of the 748 with all the grunt of the 916. I would definitely recommend. Worth getting a 19mm radial master cylinder for the front brake at the same time.

I kept receipts for everything but passed them all on to the new owner and honestly can't remember the cost. Probably around £2.5K as I don't think I have ever visited JHP and spent less than that! IIRC John had some ex Leon Camier 749(R?) titanium conrods lying around (passed their allowed hours for a race engine) and popped these in. He is always good for wee touches like that. Actually, it's flooding back, my flywheel came from some unlikely source too. I'll edit post if /when I remember.
 
Back
Top Bottom