888 ouch

RWG

Active member
Hi Folks,
Having had 3 wonderful weekends and completed 1200 mile on SP4, on the very last leg returning home, I completed a U turn on some loose gravel, lost my footing and tipped over on to right hand side, grazing to fairing and mirror, what a feeecking prat I hear you say, couldn't agree more.
My question is, are there any OE fairing still out there?
Who would you recommend repair/painting ?
Regards
Paul
RWG
 
I know how it feels as I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago with similar results. I did not even have the excuse of gravel - had just put my 851 back on the road after several years and forgot just how poor the steering lock is compared to the modern bikes I had been riding so it simply fell over turning round at the end of the street. Will be looking for a painter over the winter!
 
hi, sorry to hear about 888 damage, had serious damage on mine . I got mine repaired by bike paints in cupar muir. beautiful job . vee twin
 
Agree with Scott 888. Bike Paint in Cuparmuir near Cupar in Fife did some work on the fairing of my old Honda last year. The finish was brilliant and the cost was good too. They are not the quickest - 6 week turnaround - but as a recommendation, they do the paintwork for Paul Bird Motorsport so if you look at Shakey Byrne's bike you will get an idea of the quality of the finish.
 
Get it back to the way it was ASAP Paul. It is a really cracking bike. Well impressed when I seen it our our wee ride out��
 
Cheers Dave, spoke with Bike paints today, just need to pack and ship. Means time to strip and get to know her better. Will keep posted.
 
Back
Top Bottom