A Choice

AnonymousUser1

Elite Member
1727972850968.webp


OR
1727974432584.webp

So £7734 v £14157

I could go cheaper on the Ducati by going for a standard Monster at about £13,400 OTR with all the stuff that I would add.
1727975161396.webp

The KTM is for the sensible, whilst the Ducati is for the brain-damaged, so I shall go for the Ducati, depending upon what happens next week, in the High Court.!

To go through all of the shit that I've been through, I reckon that justifies the Ducati, any day. In fact, it is not really a choice as I have already got a KTM that I am keeping. So, Ducati Monster or nothing!!
 

Attachments

  • 1727974356170.webp
    1727974356170.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 156
View attachment 119859

OR
View attachment 119861
So £7734 v £14157

I could go cheaper on the Ducati by going for a standard Monster at about £13,400 OTR with all the stuff that I would add.
View attachment 119862
The KTM is for the sensible, whilst the Ducati is for the brain-damaged, so I shall go for the Ducati, depending upon what happens next week, in the High Court.!

To go through all of the shit that I've been through, I reckon that justifies the Ducati, any day. In fact, it is not really a choice as I have already got a KTM that I am keeping. So, Ducati Monster or nothing!!
Have you had a good demo on either? Not just a trip round the block but a good couple of hours.
 
Have you had a good demo on either? Not just a trip round the block but a good couple of hours.
No, I've ridden neither. But I've had lots of Monsters in the past and have a KTM Duke now. But I decided on he Ducati, so will ask for a demo before I buy. The demo doesn't have to be on an SP but could just be on a standard job. Since I am unsure if I would really appreciate the Ohlins on an SP, I might go for a standard Monster, anyway. I did fit an Ohlins rear shock to my GSXR-750 and never really noticed it!

I seem to remember a weave at about 120mph on the Snetterton straight. As I did not normally ride anywhere except Truxton or Castle Combe at those speeds, it was not exactly a vital modification!
 
Getting a Monster is the only thing that keeps me going through all this crap. Without doing anything outrageous, I have got the cost up to around £17,000 OTR

That's for the SP and I am not certain tha it is really worth the extra, as I don't know if I would appreciate the benefits. I am going to Riders later in the month for a second look, but I don't anticipate making a decision.

On the one hand, it is "Fook It! Just get the best!" and on the other hand, Mr. Sensible comes out and questions my wisdom. It will just be a toy, so is Ohlin's suspension really necessary? Nobody knows . . . . . . . .
 
Right!
I (and it is all about ME!) have had a shit day trying to get my shit desktop, that runs Windows, to start. Although it is running an old flavour of Windows, Moneysoft$ are obsessed with updating it. When that happens, it is game over for at least twenty four hours!

I recovered from that gay idea of buying a Scrambler. It is really the single front disc that I hate! Look! Don't expect any logic!

A base model Monster, with the stuff I add, is about£13,500 OTR That will do me!
1728764224298.webp


Nobody spoke to me, but it seems that we will vote to sell all the properties in London. That will get me about 450 thousand in a couple of years time. With my settlement, if I ever get it, that means I will be a cash millionaire!!!

So fook it! I'll get a Monster either next year or the year after. I'll lose the ST3 to make room. I toured Europe on my old Monster at least twice, so this will definitely be OK if I don't use my KTM

I spoke to my sister this afternoon. She wants to sell up and enjoy the money in her lifetime. She'll be able to buy a flat in Bath without thinking, and apparently her plan is to take the Queen Mary 2 to New York. My sister doesn't rough it!

And all I am going to do is to take a ferry to Spain, coz I am mean with money! Actually, that's not fair. I am doing it coz I want to do it!

The question is: I have brain damage and a bad leg injury. That should make me do drugs and drink myself stupid. I have just become more interested in drinking tea. Nothing flash. Just tun-of-the-mill teabags. Does that make me odd? Nah, fook it! Don't bother answer!
 
Right!
I (and it is all about ME!) have had a shit day trying to get my shit desktop, that runs Windows, to start. Although it is running an old flavour of Windows, Moneysoft$ are obsessed with updating it. When that happens, it is game over for at least twenty four hours!

I recovered from that gay idea of buying a Scrambler. It is really the single front disc that I hate! Look! Don't expect any logic!

A base model Monster, with the stuff I add, is about£13,500 OTR That will do me!
View attachment 120562

Nobody spoke to me, but it seems that we will vote to sell all the properties in London. That will get me about 450 thousand in a couple of years time. With my settlement, if I ever get it, that means I will be a cash millionaire!!!

So fook it! I'll get a Monster either next year or the year after. I'll lose the ST3 to make room. I toured Europe on my old Monster at least twice, so this will definitely be OK if I don't use my KTM

I spoke to my sister this afternoon. She wants to sell up and enjoy the money in her lifetime. She'll be able to buy a flat in Bath without thinking, and apparently her plan is to take the Queen Mary 2 to New York. My sister doesn't rough it!

And all I am going to do is to take a ferry to Spain, coz I am mean with money! Actually, that's not fair. I am doing it coz I want to do it!

The question is: I have brain damage and a bad leg injury. That should make me do drugs and drink myself stupid. I have just become more interested in drinking tea. Nothing flash. Just tun-of-the-mill teabags. Does that make me odd? Nah, fook it! Don't bother answer!

idiot-sandwich-gordon-ramsay (1).gif
 
Right!
I (and it is all about ME!) have had a shit day trying to get my shit desktop, that runs Windows, to start. Although it is running an old flavour of Windows, Moneysoft$ are obsessed with updating it. When that happens, it is game over for at least twenty four hours!

I recovered from that gay idea of buying a Scrambler. It is really the single front disc that I hate! Look! Don't expect any logic!

A base model Monster, with the stuff I add, is about£13,500 OTR That will do me!
View attachment 120562

Nobody spoke to me, but it seems that we will vote to sell all the properties in London. That will get me about 450 thousand in a couple of years time. With my settlement, if I ever get it, that means I will be a cash millionaire!!!

So fook it! I'll get a Monster either next year or the year after. I'll lose the ST3 to make room. I toured Europe on my old Monster at least twice, so this will definitely be OK if I don't use my KTM

I spoke to my sister this afternoon. She wants to sell up and enjoy the money in her lifetime. She'll be able to buy a flat in Bath without thinking, and apparently her plan is to take the Queen Mary 2 to New York. My sister doesn't rough it!

And all I am going to do is to take a ferry to Spain, coz I am mean with money! Actually, that's not fair. I am doing it coz I want to do it!

The question is: I have brain damage and a bad leg injury. That should make me do drugs and drink myself stupid. I have just become more interested in drinking tea. Nothing flash. Just tun-of-the-mill teabags. Does that make me odd? Nah, fook it! Don't bother answer!
The monster is the best looking by a long way, keep the KTM as you like it, get rid of the ST's, they're of no use, just clutter.
Then just enjoy life as best you can. Not complicated Perry auld lad is it. 👀 🤷‍♂️
 
The monster is the best looking by a long way, keep the KTM as you like it, get rid of the ST's, they're of no use, just clutter.
Then just enjoy life as best you can. Not complicated Perry auld lad is it.
A day later and I haven't changed my mind! Get a new base level new Monster with the toys that I want, when I get my settlement. Achewy, get it when it suits me, as the settlement will come one day. Although, my brother thinks that the final outcome, will not give me any control of the money, as the judge hates my solicitor- and barrister, by association. But they can't override my will, when I die, so I don't have to worry about leaving any of my savings for inheritance purposes. So, I can afford to buy the Monster when I want.

Keep my KTM Duke 390 and get rid of my ST3. The ST2 is on my ramp doing the valve check - I started that before my crash in March 2019. I will keep that just as my hobby to do the valve shims and it can form part of my leg strengthening exercises, by having to stand a lot! Sod the gym. just buy an old Ducati!
 
Going to Shithampton on Friday to view a Monster SP that I will probably buy. I've just renewed my KTM, with Carole, and asked for a quote of putting on this Monster - about £500 more! These suckers aren't cheap! I am trying to get in touch with #dirtyleeds to see if he could do the transport!
1729086927590.webp
 
Try a separate quote for the monster £500 seems way overkill
I'll get the bike and then worry. I don't know whether being an "SP" complicates. Also, I still have this fictitious claim against my car insurance. They haven't taken it off yet. I denied it and the other party said they had proof, with dashcam footage. I asked to see it and surprise, surprise, nothing has ever shown up. And like it should make any difference on a motorbike policy. Do they think that I just bonce between cars, when I am out on the bike?

I'll get the bike. wait for the dust to settle, and have and then look about. With a new company, I won't have any NCB to use :(

At this company meeting, in Chiswick, next week, One of the tenants is a beauty parlour. The owner has offered a free facial to any of the participants. I am not sure how to take that!:eek:🥳
 
I'll get the bike and then worry. I don't know whether being an "SP" complicates. Also, I still have this fictitious claim against my car insurance. They haven't taken it off yet. I denied it and the other party said they had proof, with dashcam footage. I asked to see it and surprise, surprise, nothing has ever shown up. And like it should make any difference on a motorbike policy. Do they think that I just bonce between cars, when I am out on the bike?

I'll get the bike. wait for the dust to settle, and have and then look about. With a new company, I won't have any NCB to use :(

At this company meeting, in Chiswick, next week, One of the tenants is a beauty parlour. The owner has offered a free facial to any of the participants. I am not sure how to take that!:eek:🥳

Well if you must do it...with your mouth and eyes closed.
 
The owner has got in touch to say that the first responder, who he thought had cried off, came round and bought the bike and took it away. So no Shithampton trip on Friday:(

Still going to Riders next week, but unless I see bargain of the century, I won't commit to anything. I think now that it has come up, I would buy used rather than new, if anything unrepeatable comes up. Time is on my side and this give more time to put the ST3 back together and ready to sell.
 
I am going to see the bike and will then decide.

The insurance isn't an important factor.

You forget that I am a millionaire! Well nearly. Slightly. Marginally. Nowhere near!
It's only money and it won't make you happy.
 
It's only money and it won't make you happy.
I haven't got any of the spondos yet, as my court settlement isn't going to happen anytime soon and we haven't yet formally agreed to sell the company, so i won't see anything for years.

But it fooking makes me very happy! Just not having to worry about money does it for me! I am never going to be able to work again and now don't need to worry about that. or leaving any money behind when I'm gone. And getting a Monster will happen when it suits me!
 
I haven't got any of the spondos yet, as my court settlement isn't going to happen anytime soon and we haven't yet formally agreed to sell the company, so i won't see anything for years.

But it fooking makes me very happy! Just not having to worry about money does it for me! I am never going to be able to work again and now don't need to worry about that. or leaving any money behind when I'm gone. And getting a Monster will happen when it suits me!
@PerryL are you on a new medication/brand of alcohol/illicit drug?

You posts of late are coherent, single subject and concise.
 
Back
Top Bottom