Accommodation Suggestions - Inverness and Stranraer

bigtwin

Member
A few of my work mates and I have a trip round Scotland (mid June) planned and have most things sorted but still need to identify accommodation in Inverness and Stranraer (or the near surrounds).

If any of you guys/girls have any recommendations, we'd be grateful to hear about them. Hotels or B&Bs would both be ok.

Cheers in anticipation.

Ian
 
Plenty of accommodation in Inverness but at that time of year the earlier you book the better. The cheapest would be Hostels but they usually have lack of parking, next B&Bs. Next up are the Premier Inn type - plenty parking usually easy to get to but a bit souless and could be a trek to the pub. For hotels you could try the Mercure - right in the centre beside the river with parking, but there's plenty around. you could try http://www.visithighlands.com/ for accommodation.

Finally there's the bunkhouse at Evanton http://www.blackrockscotland.co.uk/ where the SDC 'Highland Fling' used to be or the new posh chalets we're going to this year http://bcclochnesshostel.co.uk/
 
Thanks Cateran. I'll take a look at your suggestions and hopefully identify a suitable establishment.

Ian
 
Very biker, in fact ducati, friendly.
Funny story about our experience with these guys...you couldnt make it up...Kenny may tell one day!!!

Thanks Guys - Torguish House now booked!

We're staying at the Beucleuch Arms in Moffat the night before we head to Inverness - just need to sort something around Stranraer then we'll be all done.

Anyone with experience of anywhere near Stranraer?

Cheers
Ian
 
I know a B&B in Girvin that I use when working at Grants good eating place just around the corner from it ex Chef from the QE2. Send a pm if ye want the number.
 
Many thanks Sam and Geoff. Decision time but I must say that Sam's personal recommendation looks favourite at the moment!

Thanks again to all who responded.

Ian
 
Portpatrick is closer to Stanraer and there's a great unclassified road that links them. In addition, it's an excellent harbour village with some good pubs, food etc

Geoff
 
Don't bother with Stranraer. It's a bit of a coup. I know. I work there.
Portpatrick much nicer & good choice of hotels/B&Bs etc.
I've taken a bike group to the Fernhill in P/Patrick & they were very good. Scored a discount by taking a group too. http://www.mcmillanhotels.co.uk/fernhill-hotel/
No specific B&B suggestions.
Campbell's Restaurant on the harbour is good & so is the Crown hotel.
 
Don't bother with Stranraer. It's a bit of a coup. I know. I work there.
Portpatrick much nicer & good choice of hotels/B&Bs etc.
I've taken a bike group to the Fernhill in P/Patrick & they were very good. Scored a discount by taking a group too. http://www.mcmillanhotels.co.uk/fernhill-hotel/
No specific B&B suggestions.
Campbell's Restaurant on the harbour is good & so is the Crown hotel.

I think we're booked in at Girvan (my mate did the booking!).

However, its clear that Portpatrick gets the thumbs up - perhaps next time.

Cheers

Ian
 
Back
Top Bottom