Aldi bike gear

Good for pillions, I see a lot of riders kitted out in best of gear and pillion with jeans and trainers.
 
Kevlar jeans at £29.99 seems ok to me. I've bought quite a few stuff from Aldi over the years and never thought the quality to be bad. Maybe not the best but good value for money.
 
Probably just as good, if not better, than a lot of stuff you can get at the bargain stalls at the Bike SHow on Sunday too...but Aldi won't be charging £16 to get in.

Ive bought stuff at the bike show before, and clothing from lidl and Aldi and I have to say, it is much better quality than folks give it credit.

Just noticed what Derek has said and thats what I am trying to say......I agree...
PS
Would NEVER spend less than £100 on a helmet though!!!
 
I have one of their paddock stands an it holds up well
I use it for the front of my bike

Is that the one that has the attachments to switch from front to bake in terms of width and mounting?
I got one of them too and its outlasted a more expesive one!!!
 
Their Air tools are crap, reciprocating saw started to run constantly after only a couple of hours use the air gun run oot o puff after a few weeks the inertia reel has lasted but the airline has started to perish after only a couple of years. I dont think it was just bad luck.:)
 
Thanks for this.
Taking my son to the NW200 and the TT this year. Looking for some decent kit for him but spending hundreds on a jacket and trousers just doesn't make sense. Will check this out on Sunday.
 
Their Air tools are crap, reciprocating saw started to run constantly after only a couple of hours use the air gun run oot o puff after a few weeks the inertia reel has lasted but the airline has started to perish after only a couple of years. I dont think it was just bad luck.:)

umm i also did that one , all i use that kit for now it blowing up tyres and blowing dust out the vacuum cleaner
 
Many thanks for posting this John. First time in an Aldi for me today and I picked up some Denim / Kevlar jeans. I would never have known about this without your post.
 
Also popped in to the local Aldi, picked up a few bits and pieces... avoided the £30 pound helmet.....why would you????
 
Also popped in to the local Aldi, picked up a few bits and pieces... avoided the £30 pound helmet.....why would you????
maybe i should buy one Paul just for walking the pavements , its about all they are good for :p
 
Thanks John. I called in to Aldi in Perth and bought the Paddock Stand. Got it home, assembled it and it comes with the attachments for front and rear, works fine. Avoided the helmet although the gloves, jacket and trouser kit looked decent enough. Cheers :beer:
Forgot to add the two packets of choccy rabbits!
 
Last edited:
I got the sox!!!….they did my size… I also got their own peanut M&M's cause they are just the bizz

:cool:
 
We bought a couple of the bike covers look ok for the cheapness but didnt like the look of the Kevlar jeans they looked very thin :eek:
 
Back
Top Bottom