Anyone Been?

AnonymousUser1

Elite Member
I am thinking of going to the South Wales Aviation Museum at St Athan. Anyone been? About seventy miles from me but an easy journey on mainly the M4.
1723998065312.webp

1723998138100.webp
 
Our Neil* went a couple of months ago, he rated it 5 stars.

4.8 stars on average isn’t to be sniffed at.

Are you going on your bike?

View attachment 115868

*I have no relations called Neil
I will drive as I need my hiking poles when I get there. My walking is terrible. Sometimes, for no obvious reason, my balance goes, and also I am fairly sure that my leg that got smashed up is shorter than my good leg by a inch or less.
 
I will drive as I need my hiking poles when I get there. My walking is terrible.

I’ve known people that need walking aids when they get off their bike and it’s quite easy to find a way of carrying your poles should you want to.

Have you been down the NABD (pronounced nabbed) route?
They’re a charity that help people carry on motorcycling after life changing disabilities through grants.


How about making a trike out of one of your Ducatis?
 
Didn’t do aviation museum but worked near there and rented a house just up road in st Mary church for about a year
Some really nice places to visit try castell coch
Just be careful of the valley girls if you’re staying the weekend

 
When struggling to get on a bike due to seat height have you tried throwing your shortest leg over the seat to mount it?
Now I have the 390 Duke, I don't find any problem. I am fairly sure that a new Monster would be OK too. Going out for a ride is fine, but to go anywhere where I have to then walk about in my gear, carrying gloves and a helmet with no sticks isn't really on.

Bikes are just a toy for me, now. Anything practical, like shopping or going to the theatre or cinema, it is just easier to take the car.

As I am fortunate enough to have both, and can afford to run them, the car is for practical an the bike is just a toy.
 
You sir, have piqued my interest, do you care to elaborate?
They are attracted to the bright lights of the big towns on a weekend , swarming out of the valleys
On the hunt for a victim
I was warned by a local not to buy a beer for one of them
But being slightly dafter then than I am now , I did
The rest of the story comes under the what happens in wales stays in wales
 
You sir, have piqued my interest, do you care to elaborate?
Are you back on your bike yet matey?
Shall we organise a Ducati Community Wales night out?
A ride across to Oswestry and then down the A483 to a yet to be determined town (Llandovery/Brecon or anywhere that anyone cares to recommend) to meet with anybody that fancies it and if no one else fancies it, then fook ‘em and we’ll entertain ourselves…

I’ll start a thread
 
Last edited:
I will drive as I need my hiking poles when I get there. My walking is terrible. Sometimes, for no obvious reason, my balance goes, and also I am fairly sure that my leg that got smashed up is shorter than my good leg by a inch or less.
Pretty sure we've seen photographic evidence that may give an obvious reason!
 
Are you back on your bike yet matey?
Shall we organise a Ducati Community Wales night out?
A ride across to Oswestry and then down the A483 to a yet to be determined town (Llandovery/Brecon or anywhere that anyone cares to recommend) to meet with anybody that fancies it and if no one else fancies it, then fook ‘em and we’ll entertain ourselves…

I’ll start a thread
Aye lad, been out a couple times, still a wee bit uncomfortable but getting there.
Not done any distance rides as of yet. Bit busy in September with family birthdays etc, looking after the grand bairns while their mum and dad have a break, so it'll be all date dependant, but up for it.
 
Back
Top Bottom