anyone done a road legal ducati driven buggy ?

jim@southwales

New member
early stages but need a winter project been thinking of doing a ducati based buggy any thoughts on it .will need to source a cheap (write off etc motor) air or water cooled unit .as I say any feed back would be great . especially Derek if you can put your view in would be grand as your our mechanical genius, cheers all
 
This is a Rorty R82 chassis (two seater) that I built and was intending on making road legal ,motor plant will be an Aprillia rsv Google Rorty for plans



This is a Z cars chassis that I found on fleabay and put a Bandit 1200 into and a set of twin 40'S to push it along. These chassis are built by Zcars in the UK





This is another one I did for the kids they are an Australian company that sell plans" the Edge products " again google them
I also have another one of their chassis that I started building which has a K4 1000 to be installed into it.




Your cheapest option would be to purchase a Smart car or better still one of the wee sports cars, Quafe do a FNR box (forward neutral reverse ) expensive though or you could use a starter motor from a say Transit to give reverse as when you head to VOSA for the first MOT you have to be able to reverse over a house brick (which was the stipulation that was eplaned to me when I called them) may be of use as well http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smart-Car...963999?hash=item1a158196df:g:ZNcAAOSwBahVNq~o
 
early stages but need a winter project been thinking of doing a ducati based buggy any thoughts on it .will need to source a cheap (write off etc motor) air or water cooled unit .as I say any feed back would be great . especially Derek if you can put your view in would be grand as your our mechanical genius, cheers all

Sounds like Sam's your man for buggies
 
cheers both more ammo I have the better direction I will go.
...smart car never thought of them. would like the tubular look but I need to have a butchers at a smart
 
Back
Top Bottom