Buying an imported Ducati

Andy Mack

New member
Hello,

Was looking on eBay and say a 748 that I might be able to afford. They have just added a comment that the speedo was in km/h and they have changed it to mp/h so I'm assuming that its an imported bike, is there any negatives to buying an imported bike? I'm guessing they were all the same spec in Europe?

Thanks for the help.

Andy
 
Check which country it came from definately. The USA have fuel restrictions/height/fuel-grade programmes in the ecu to compensate.
I had a CanAm Renegade 800r v-twin from USA and had to get the ecu reflashed to UK spec, it would run lean and even cut out at higher elevations.
BIG climb up here and was cutting out all the way up and getting worse the higher we went, about 4000 above sea level I think it was.
I know you won't be doing this on Ducati though :) unless you're going to the Highland fling
 
Is there anyway to tell if its a European model or American? The guy doesn't want to give me the chassis number. And what's the chances of it being from America?
 
You'll probably find it's from Europe, ask him to rev it and see if it sounds Italian or German
Should be ok, not sure about lights though, left hand drive ( sort of )
 
Back
Top Bottom