Check Your Bike...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mad Dash
  • Start date Start date
M

Mad Dash

Just visiting
After Almeria the 1098R was visually checked, washed, polished and put away... then rolled out for Cadwell last week, after a flawless performance the bike was getting the usual wash, polish, oil checks, pad check etc.... but HAWD ON I THOUGHT.... lets go further. ALL body panels off, brake pads out and cleaned, chain cleaned TOTALLY, and lubed.... just as well. In the belly pan was TWO broken exhaust springs, two body panel screws... not just a hazard for me, but other riders too !!!

It pays to give the bike a bit more than just the sponge... It's now safe to go behind me at Oulton.
 
Thanks Robert, a few screws loose actually, and it looked like two zebedees has a scrape to the death as well. It does make sense I suppose, a v twin ain't exaclty vibration free after all....

S
 
I now check every nut and bolt after every track night...the first time I took my bike on track I lost 4 bolts:eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's now a running joke with my mates as to what has fallen off lately!

R
 
Back
Top Bottom