Close one!

bluehawk

New member
Well, wasn't sure whether to post this up or not, but I thought this might share this story so you can make your own conclusions about buying from non Ducati dealerships.

Picked up a 999 from a non franchised dealership in England earlier this year. It came with a 3 month warranty and had a belt change before I got it at the dealers. Rode it for approximately 400mls and noticed swarf on the belt covers. Never turned it over after that until it was investigated.

It went into DG and they confirmed the horizontal cylinder was damaged (engine wouldnt turn over). Fair play to the dealer, they authorised the repairs without quibble, but the final bill was £1700.:eek:

So, for me it turned out well enough, but could have been a disaster. If I'd bought the bike any later in the season, it could have been tucked away for the damage to become evident next season. I would have been out of warranty and liable for repairs.

Diagnosis was a couple of leaking o rings from the fuel lines that had damaged the belts..(a 26p item).

It would definitely make me think twice before buying from a non franchised dealer again even though it was resolved.


Something to ponder..
 
Back
Top Bottom