''Dark'' paint

PeteDuke

New member
I am not going thro the same issues I had last year with an MOT.
so I've got a seat cowl for my 848, but its white and my bike is a dark model.
I don't want to spend much on an item that only going to used for MOT purposes. But don't fancy the white, looking like a sore thumb.
Can anyone recommend a spray colour that's pretty close, that's readily available.
 
Why would a seat cowl come into an mot? more so why would the colour of a seat cowl come into it the mot? :confused:
 
Last year my bike failed its MOT because it did not have a seat cowl, just the normal passenger seat, and as my bike does not have passenger footrests, (was bought like that, never has had) the MOT tester failed it. Because the bike is capable of carrying a passenger, but not somewhere to put their feet !!!!!
Colour has nowt to do with MOT, I just wanted it to look better.
 
Any satin black spray paint from somewhere like B&Q, Poundland or similar would be better than white at least.
 
Hi
Sorry I didn't update.
I took the plunge and sprayed it with a can of Plastikote - a dark satin that I got from Hobby Craft.
It gave a pretty good finish, in fact for someone who has done very little spraying the past I was quite proud of the results. I was going to put it through the MOT and if it looked crap, I would have put the seat back on, but the cowl has been on all summer and looks OK. I will definitely use Plastikote again.
 
Back
Top Bottom