Nix
New member
Hi all - am considering a Ducati that needs the cam belts changing. Rang local Ducati dealer, £520 for a low mileage service ie belts and oil change. Ouch! This every 7.5k miles or two years whichever comes first.
So my question is, how easy/difficult is this for a DIYer like myself? What specialised equipment or tools do you need and how much do they cost? I understand the tensioning is crucial.
All my Ducatis to date have been bevel so this I have no experience of.....yet.
Interestingly, I did a quick calculation based on this service cost. Worked out that every gallon of petrol you put in the bike, if covering the full 7.5k, would effectively add £3.50 to each gallon you put in making it nearly £9 per gallon!
So my question is, how easy/difficult is this for a DIYer like myself? What specialised equipment or tools do you need and how much do they cost? I understand the tensioning is crucial.
All my Ducatis to date have been bevel so this I have no experience of.....yet.
Interestingly, I did a quick calculation based on this service cost. Worked out that every gallon of petrol you put in the bike, if covering the full 7.5k, would effectively add £3.50 to each gallon you put in making it nearly £9 per gallon!