Do Not Call the Police

AnonymousUser1

Elite Member
Tomorrow, I am going away for a few days, for no good reason except because I can! So, although I will have my phone and tablet, I may not post.

I only mention it because I don't particularly want to come home and find my front door smashed in by the Police. Not going far, but as I have the temerity to sleep at night and not be awake to answer my front door, that is always a danger.

There will be a Ducati dealer within walking distance, so I may go and check out the Monster again. My psychoanalyst says that she works with many people who have had their settlements taken over by the Court of Protection, but the money is freely given out for most things. That means that even if the worse possible scenario occurs, I should still be able to get the money released in order to buy a new Monster + and that will always put a grin on my face, to think that I got a brand new Monster + out of all the shit that I've been through.

Although part of the big settlement was the brain damage issue, swapping a 2005 MonsterS4r that was in need of a desmo service, for a brand new Monster + cannot fail to make me smile - especially when the other side's insurance company started off by saying that I couldn't even prove that it was me riding my bike. The pleasure of making these bastids pay will never leave me!
 
giphy.gif
 
In the car (that I will be taking) I just use my phone (it has a cradle and Bluetooths to my car radio) to read out instructions.

I know the way, anyway, as I have stayed there before, but the phone can be useful as it knows traffic. That is useful for alternative routes, as it is tradition that either the M5 or A38 will be closed somewhere. That risk is trebled as tomorrow is a Bank Holiday.

A Bank Holiday pretty much guarantees that workers (joke, as no work whatsoever will be done) will have an unstoppable need to close a road somewhere. And then, as is the norm, you find out why every van in the country has "Motorway Maintenance" written on the back, to allow them to drive along the hard shoulder in order to jump the queue!

That explains why we have the worse maintained roads in Europe, with the most maintenance vans!
 
Tomorrow, I am going away for a few days, for no good reason except because I can! So, although I will have my phone and tablet, I may not post.

I only mention it because I don't particularly want to come home and find my front door smashed in by the Police. Not going far, but as I have the temerity to sleep at night and not be awake to answer my front door, that is always a danger.

There will be a Ducati dealer within walking distance, so I may go and check out the Monster again. My psychoanalyst says that she works with many people who have had their settlements taken over by the Court of Protection, but the money is freely given out for most things. That means that even if the worse possible scenario occurs, I should still be able to get the money released in order to buy a new Monster + and that will always put a grin on my face, to think that I got a brand new Monster + out of all the shit that I've been through.

Although part of the big settlement was the brain damage issue, swapping a 2005 MonsterS4r that was in need of a desmo service, for a brand new Monster + cannot fail to make me smile - especially when the other side's insurance company started off by saying that I couldn't even prove that it was me riding my bike. The pleasure of making these bastids pay will never leave me!
Does the Court of Protection invest the money on your behalf?
If so, who decides the level of risk, and who is liable for the losses if the investments don’t go to plan?
As you can probably gather, I trust no one.
 
Does the Court of Protection invest the money on your behalf?
If so, who decides the level of risk, and who is liable for the losses if the investments don’t go to plan?
As you can probably gather, I trust no one.
I was wondering about that to. I have no idea as to the answer, but my guess is they do nothing but just sit on the money. If true, that would be costing me about £10,000 p.a. and so I would not be very happy! Although my solicitor recommended a company that she deals with to look after and invest the money, now I am not so sure.

Now, if I ever get a say, I would be asking some awkward questions. My current stash, reveals a good pay back at no risk. I did invest some in shares but sold everything that was in profit and just kept the stinkers. I think about four of the eight stinkers have paid out really good dividends recently, so I am keeping all of the stinkers long term. Whilst I am an amateur on share picking and choosing, if I entrusted it to anyone else, I would want to hear about some sound techniques!

Also, I have views in trading shares in military suppliers making profit out of war in Ukraine. Whilst the war suppliers may be quite profitable and make @AirCon cum in his pants most days, I want nothing to do with a company whose shares go down in times of peace!
 
Just got back from a really good few days in Worcester. I have more pictures to post and will do so soon.

A slight annoyance at breakfast today was a Guinness behind me. They have piped music in the background there and as I was enjoying my really nice breakfast, on came "Valerie" by Amy Winehouse. Mr Guinness behind me not know the tune but that was no barrier to the hum-master. Just got twice as loud with no musical idea whatsoever. He wanted to signify his approval to everybody of the alcohol abuse and drug taking of Amy! Next was ABBA and "Dancing Queen", so he was in his element! It got to the point where I was going to have to turn around and tell him to STF up, but the music failed. The staff has been cursing all week about the unreliability of the music system, but to me, to be able to enjoy my breakfast in peace was heaven!

I checked out but was still pissed off and so I drove a few hundred metres to the nearby Gin distillery. That cheered me up!:giggle::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
1717067458012.png

1717067539354.png

1717067598538.png
 
Last edited:
Yesterday, I went to a museum and learnt about Worcester's porcelain past!
1717068562764.webp

1717068669251.webp

1717068736445.webp

1717068787349.webp

On Tuesday, the plan was to walk to Ducati Worcester and check out the Monster+ again. I failed, but learnt that Worcester despises pedestrians! There is a nice path along the River Severn, but that stops at a main bridge across the river. Then you have to walk through Worcester, where you learn how much the local authority despises pedestrians. As I didn't fancy walking besides a dual carriageway and then trying to cross it, that according to Google maps had no crossings, I gave up. Althoough I have discovered the hard way that Google maps has a major problem with Worcester. It is just wrong on every level whether you have it on driving mode, or pedestrian mode. Dunno what it is about Worcester, but Google fecking hates the place!
 
Yesterday, I went to a museum and learnt about Worcester's porcelain past!
View attachment 108174
View attachment 108176
View attachment 108177
View attachment 108178
On Tuesday, the plan was to walk to Ducati Worcester and check out the Monster+ again. I failed, but learnt that Worcester despises pedestrians! There is a nice path along the River Severn, but that stops at a main bridge across the river. Then you have to walk through Worcester, where you learn how much the local authority despises pedestrians. As I didn't fancy walking besides a dual carriageway and then trying to cross it, that according to Google maps had no crossings, I gave up. Althoough I have discovered the hard way that Google maps has a major problem with Worcester. It is just wrong on every level whether you have it on driving mode, or pedestrian mode. Dunno what it is about Worcester, but Google fecking hates the place!
Google is 'Mecan, doesn't understand places it can't say low Worcester or Leicester or Loughborough etc.
 
I fink that they is a swan sanctuary there. Swans love it here!

1717069733991.webp

1717069803144.webp

1717069872335.webp

I need my coffee!
1717069977917.webp

My hotel is right next to the Severn, that I fink is the longest river in the UK! I live only a few miles from the Severn where I think it is at least half a mile wide, but is tidal here. I think that after Gloucester (which isn't very far) the river is no longer tidal, but I am not 100% sure on that. Mr Breakfast-Whistler would know, I feel sure! The question is, how do you eat your breakfast whilst whistling all the time? Maybe he didn't want breakfast, but just likes to come down to bug everybody else!
 
Just got back from a really good few days in Worcester. I have more pictures to post and will do so soon.

A slight annoyance at breakfast today was a Guinness behind me. They have piped music in the background there and as I was enjoying my really nice breakfast, on came "Valerie" by Amy Winehouse. Mr Guinness behind me not know the tune but that was no barrier to the hum-master. Just got twice as loud with no musical idea whatsoever. He wanted to signify his approval to everybody of the alcohol abuse and drug taking of Amy! Next was ABBA and "Dancing Queen", so he was in his element! It got to the point where I was going to have to turn around and tell him to STF up, but the music failed. The staff has been cursing all week about the unreliability of the music system, but to me, to be able to enjoy my breakfast in peace was heaven!

I checked out but was still pissed off and so I drove a few hundred metres to the nearby Gin distillery. That cheered me up!:giggle::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
View attachment 108169
View attachment 108170
View attachment 108172
I thought you were into golden showers for a moment then perry
 
Back
Top Bottom