Duc Down - not me but its me

Tobytyke

Member
I got an early morning phone call today from my mate Errol (its me) , “It’s not like him to call me at this time wonder what’s up” thinks me, the conversation went like this

In a gravelly voice

“Clive you know those stickers you did for my screen?” :(

“Yeah?” :confused:

“Well I’m gonna need some new ones” :(

“Wait scrap that, I’m gonna need a new screen” :ohwell:

“Wait scrap that, I’m gonna need a new fairing” :mad:

“Wait scrap that I’m gonna need a new bike” :mad2:

Poor lad’s only calling from his hospital bed in York where he’s been since Friday afternoon :eek: No real details of the accident only that witnesses have said he got taken out by a car on the wrong side of the road which then left the scene :censored: He seems in good spirits considering & hasn’t lost any of his sense of humour but has numerous injuries, shoulder, sternum, ribs, spine, pelvis, limbs and what Errol described as “A fookin great bruise on his chin”. I hope you all join me in wishing him a speedy recovery, I’m gonna pop over in the next couple of days and take him some grapes.

Take care out there folks.
 
I had a similar conversation with him this morning, he sounded well battered. After speaking to his wife, Julie, this evening you can add a possible collapsed lung to the list too.
Looks like a car was on the wrong side of a solid white line on the brow of a hill and just clipped him, causing him to go down the road. He's being fitted with a brace/cast thing for the sternum injury in the next few days, so hopefully he may be able to go home soon.
I'll try and get over to see him over the next few days.
 
By the sounds of that, he had a lucky escape!

An inch from a head on.

A couple of years ago we lost a delightful young creative lass riding home from her job at the White Hart in Stopham. Jenny unfortunately met the same scenario just outside Pulborough and died instantly at the scene. RIP.

So I am really glad he escaped that fate.

Oh! BTW the guy was caught.
 
Errol was extremely lucky, as you say it could have been worse.
I've just spoken to him again, no broken pelvis or any damage to his legs, but he does have a partially collapsed lung. Considering how badly battered & bruised he is, he's in surprisingly good spirits and planning his escape as soon as he can walk!
Errol, get well soon mate!
 
Thanks for the update Toby, Rich. Sorry to hear about the accident, hope the the driver gets caught but a hell of a price to pay for someone else's stupidity:(
I'll try and contact Errol and send our best wishes for a speedy recovery from all at East Yorks DOC branch.
 
Last edited:
Don't know Errol but please wish him all the best from me! Known too many guys in the past who have suffered cos of some fool on the road. Speedy recovery!
 
Back
Top Bottom