Ducati spare prices rocketing

Derek

Elite Member
Subscriber
Has anyone else noticed how the price of Ducati service items has rocketed in the last few years.
It really hit home today when my son got bits to change the fuel filter on his 1098. The filter cost £20 and the tank flange o-ring an eye watering £32.50 !! :eek:
Oil filters now cost over £11. A fuel filter for my Multi cost £35 last year.

These prices are rip off. I can get an equivalent oil filter from my local motor factor for £2.49. The 1098 fuel filter is a Mahle KL145, available for around a tenner. The MTS filter is a Mahle KL97 with 2 plastic clips and 2 o-rings added. The KL97 on it's own can be got for around £8. The 848/1098/1198 tank o-ring can be sourced on-line in Viton for £1.14.
Then the cost of 2V belts practically doubled in the past year. I could go on but you get the general idea.
 
Have to agree Derek I now source all my filters local and can get them for at least half the Ducati prices.I find the biggest increase is the price of cambelts,you can't get OEM belts for under £100.Could be due to larger service intervals and a loss in money so get it back on service items.
 
Could not agree more, I avoid Ducati parts as I consider them to be a rip off. Belts, switches, sensors, filters, the list is endless, all to be sourced elsewhere for a fraction of the price, I wouldn't mind so much if the Ducati item was superior but when it's identical and just comes in a red and white box I get a bit peeved.
 
Totally agree with you Derek
I can get of quantity 6 mahle [Pn oc5] oil filters from livingston auto parts for £24.95 inc p&p
they also supply KL145s for around same price as dereks source ,belts I now get from
exactfit uk at a total cost of £140 for a set of 2v belts and a set of 4v belts inc p&p.
I actually think that all these consumables are of superior quality to factory items.
I cut open both brands of oil filter {yes I'm that paranoid}and the mahle is defo far superior in construction that the ducati branded champion ,shit just like their spark plugs.Mahle fuel filters are identical seeing as they manufacture for Ducati and givin a lovely ducati logo!!. the after market belts to avoid are Dayco these belts are old spec probably circa 1993 era ,but exactfit are from the states {and the yanks are really paranoid about things} and are up to spec.
 
Totally agree with you Derek
I can get of quantity 6 mahle [Pn oc5] oil filters from livingston auto parts for £24.95 inc p&p
they also supply KL145s for around same price as dereks source ,belts I now get from
exactfit uk at a total cost of £140 for a set of 2v belts and a set of 4v belts inc p&p.
I actually think that all these consumables are of superior quality to factory items.
I cut open both brands of oil filter {yes I'm that paranoid}and the mahle is defo far superior in construction that the ducati branded champion ,shit just like their spark plugs.Mahle fuel filters are identical seeing as they manufacture for Ducati and givin a lovely ducati logo!!. the after market belts to avoid are Dayco these belts are old spec probably circa 1993 era ,but exactfit are from the states {and the yanks are really paranoid about things} and are up to spec.

If you look at the ExactFit website,there are videos where thy have carried out some ad hoc destruction testing of oem, Exact fit and a third make of belt, which has to be Dayco. The Dayco comes off worst, not only for strength but for precision of manufacture as well.
When Exactfit entered the marketplace, they knew they had to have a product that was at least as good as oem to have any chance of success, so the belts are specced to be as good as they can be.

Have just checked out the Mahle OC5 oil filter mentioned and the number is the same fitment as I have been buying for my Ducatis, ie the same as for a Citroen 2CV.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-2701-lo...3&variantlist=71955:0,74445:0&yearFilter=1990
 
Last edited:
if you get an oc5 you will notice that it actually says fits ducati, harley davidsons and some bmw.the exactfit belts are a much better belt to install the saying fits like a glove comes to mind,the first set of daycos had a small nick on one of the belts and wemoto had to send me a replacement set and they needed soaked in warm water to fit. I will stick with exactfit and you get you two fuji nuts free.
 
Back
Top Bottom