Ducati to unveil nine new models at EICMA

A Ducati Chopper.
Not those stupid ones with long forks & King & Queen seats on them.

One with rotorblades so I can get off & on of the Cygnus platform & get to the meets & ride outs. :)
 
125 Scrambler & motard on the same frame/engine package. A Goldwing class bike based on the Diavel although the though of such an abomination makes me ill. 4 stroke moped/scooter and possibly an electro in the same class. Commuter bike in the same class as the Suzuki Burgman. 899 with variable cam timing. That just about covers it.
 
I'm in Milan at another exhibition at the same time (ITMA - for texile machinery). It would be a missed opportunity not to go to EICMA so I've applied for a Trade pass. They've refused me once, but I re-applied via my company's Italian subsidiary so I'm hoping that does the trick.
 
The Monster 1200R is one of them as is the facelift Diavel - I'm hearing there will be perhaps 2 completely new models launched
 
Some of have been looking for a new ST for over 5 years now. It's not going to happen. :(
 
Sadly I will probably need to say goodbye to my fantastic multi next year due to cost off keeping it and to replace it with another may prove too much as the cost off the DVT is crazy so a monster R may very well be my best option, whatever else I've got to keep a red Italian beauty in the garage:)
 
Im seeing some chatter on Italian race blogs etc.. about Ducati having a V4 Superbike for WSBK in 2017 - Does this mean (If true) they will need to Homologate 500 road going versions?
 
I hope so - even just to get the price down and newer riders into the game - but to be fair theres just as much chat about a bigger Scrambler as there is a smaller one so its anyones guess.

Bayliss has been flat tracking a lot recently - another crash and damage a few weekends ago and he's on a 1200 twin i think, so maybe they think theres some sales and probably lots of positive marketing for TB21 and a racing scrambler - who knows, given the increase in bore for the 'small' Pani and the Motards its a definite possibility
 
A Scrambler with an 1100 Evo engine might be a possibility, I can't see a water-cooled 1200 cutting the mustard.
If there was going to be a single I'd have thought some kind of spy shots would have leaked out by now especially that they'd need to be presented to CARB for emissions testing prior to going on sale. Maybe more likely would be 400cc version of the current bike, as they have done before with the SS and Monster models.
Any new engine after 2016 will almost definitely be water-cooled
 
I think they need something to get younger riders into Ducati. In this part of the world the 125 class is growing even though it is a complete @@@@@@@ to get through the test. The EU have said they want to get rid of motorcycles remember. Around here kids are just not bothering with there car tests anymore either as the bureaucracy is so extreme. It's not like we have half way decent public transport either! If it's the same in other parts of Europe then small bikes will become increasingly more important no matter what the Eurocrats might want. That's why I'm putting my money on half a Scrambler.
 
I wouldn't hold out for a small capacity Ducati in the near future.

Claudio Domenicali, when asked about smaller capacity bikes:

"The Ducati Scrambler 800 is a perfect solution for entering the Ducati family, so right now we don't see the need to develop any other model at this price level...
...We know there is space in the market for many other bikes at lower cost, but we would like to keep Ducati an aspirational brand with which you may not start your motorcycle life, but as soon as you're ready you can join our family by purchasing a Ducati Scrambler. It will be ore of an arrival point than an establishment point."


From an interview by Alan Cathcart published in the August edition of Motorcycle Sport & Leisure.
 
As much as i would like to see it - i think you're going to be right Derek and from a 'luxury' brand marketing perspective makes perfect sense a very accessible model would delete the caché the VAG hold so dearly :rolleyes:
 
Anyone know about a scrambler motor based superlight
I.E. this:
12088586_832340560214862_6632337032593392883_n.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom