End of an era

Geoff

New member
Just found out my good friend Harry is no longer an employee of Ducati Glasgow. Can’t quite believe it as he’s been a great ambassador for all things Ducati and without his input would never have enjoyed all things ducati which I value dearly. His knowledge on all things bike related is unmeasurable and in a bike world changing to a market controlled by experts from the car trade that i wish would stay in the car trade things are changing for the worse. Been around bike shops for 41 years and met all sorts and every now and again you met a gem. Harry is one of these guys that understands how bikers tick and how to extract money in a pleasant and friendly way. Been around bikes and bikers all my life and in the exclusive 1million miles club and for me ticked all the right boxes for my needs as a year round biker. During my mental health recovery he helped me immensely with positive and supportive comments whilst in hospital and on my release. This new clinical approach to motorcycling with ideas coming from what works in car trade just doesn’t work for bikers in my opinion. How many car owners would shell out £1000 in servicing for their cars every two years ? How many pay fortunes for after market exhaust systems ? Bikes are a passion and some get it and some don’t and these individuals from the car trade don’t get it. Anyway for me Harry is a great asset to any company and wish him all the best and feel his resignation will be felt by many that thought very highly of his knowledge.
 
Hell's teeth! Harry has been so helpful over the last 15 years or so that he was dealing with parts at Ducati Glasgow. I wish him all the best at whatever he is doing now.
 
Very sad news!!!!!!!! But like others I'd say sad for DG!! But hope it's a great decision for Harry and again like others he was a great help and always had a sincere and warm smile anytime I visited the shop!!!!
My very best wishes to you Harry all the best. :flash:
 
Harry was so helpful and patient with everyone, my last purchase was a 12p washer! He still took the time to investigate the part was the correct fitment, just hope his replacement is such a gent (or lady).
 
DG without Harry will be like a cappuccino without froth or Italy without Parma ham and Prosecco. Harry is one of the good guys and DG will be diminished by his leaving. I wish him all the best in the future and thank him for the years of friendship, patience and first class advice.
 
Ducati's loss

I nick named Harry the magician simply because if you needed a part Harry would find it.
Great loss to DG more so for the clients, hope to meet up again some time. Good luck.
 
Maybe he should open a Ducati Showroom and service centre in Aberdeen ?

Start of a NEW Era !

1 door closes and 1 door opens as they say, I am testament to that and wish I'd done it years ago.
 
I just found this out today when I phoned for a small part. Asked what happened and just told that he no longer worked there.i have to say that Harry was one of the best I've come across. My SS is modified the way it is cause of his influence and help. A real shame and I hope he's found something great to go on to. Big shoes to fill.
 
Back
Top Bottom