Fail to Stop collisions

Hugo Magnus

Elite Member
Subscriber
Over the last year or so there seems to have been a plethora of Fail to Stop collision reports in the local news. I don't recall seeing anything like this number in the past. The latest was an 80 year old woman.

"At around 6pm on Monday 11 November 2024 a collision occurred on Bridport Road near to the junction with Williams Avenue involving a car – described as possibly a dark blue hatchback – and a pedestrian."

Have we lost our compassion? Are there so many illegal drivers on the road? What is going on?
 
Over the last year or so there seems to have been a plethora of Fail to Stop collision reports in the local news. I don't recall seeing anything like this number in the past. The latest was an 80 year old woman.

"At around 6pm on Monday 11 November 2024 a collision occurred on Bridport Road near to the junction with Williams Avenue involving a car – described as possibly a dark blue hatchback – and a pedestrian."

Have we lost our compassion? Are there so many illegal drivers on the road? What is going on?
More propaganda in the War on Motorists.

Next!
 
Over the last year or so there seems to have been a plethora of Fail to Stop collision reports in the local news. I don't recall seeing anything like this number in the past. The latest was an 80 year old woman.

"At around 6pm on Monday 11 November 2024 a collision occurred on Bridport Road near to the junction with Williams Avenue involving a car – described as possibly a dark blue hatchback – and a pedestrian."

Have we lost our compassion? Are there so many illegal drivers on the road? What is going on?

The Lancaster FB group is awash with people posting about their vehichles getting run in to overnight (that and scrotes theiving).

Funnily enough there was one this week when someone said 'if anyone knows the guy who got run over outside M&M Computers yesterday, I've got dashcam footage of it'.
 
It’s no different here, a 16yr old was knocked down and killed the other night, the driver just drove away 😕, police are looking for him/her now and it’s not an uncommon occurrence.

I guess people don’t think straight in shock, plus an element of ‘I might get away with it’. 😞
 
Over the last year or so there seems to have been a plethora of Fail to Stop collision reports in the local news. I don't recall seeing anything like this number in the past. The latest was an 80 year old woman.

"At around 6pm on Monday 11 November 2024 a collision occurred on Bridport Road near to the junction with Williams Avenue involving a car – described as possibly a dark blue hatchback – and a pedestrian."

Have we lost our compassion? Are there so many illegal drivers on the road? What is going on?
In London my work Sprinter has had three collisions over the last five years or so.
Each time the motorised Scooter/cyclists has made off.....
The van is White with Chapter 8 markings.... so very hard to miss .. apparently
1731489924421.webp

Library picture.
 
I had to drive through the centre of Nottingham recently when my sat-nav sent me on a stupid route. I'll say no more about the demographic of the inhabitants I encountered, but suffice it to say that it looked like a third world country, not one of England's oldest cities. Every other vehicle had a full-length scrape down the side or a stoved body panel. The general standard of driving was aggressive and dangerous with little or no regard for the rules of the road. I question how many of those drivers had every sat or passed a UK driving test.

I'm not saying this demographic factor is the cause of the increase in fail-to-stop collisions, but it suggests that across all sections of the population there are an increasing number of people driving who are unfit to do so. Also that our roads are over-congested.
 
Sadly, we encounter many in my area too. While I'd never be in favor of autonomous vehicles, with my recent re-entry into the commuting work force, I'd love to just get in my pod and let it take me to work while I sleep or fakk off on this forum. i-Robot/Minority Report style. The slinky effect due to idiots on the road is insufferable.
 
I had to drive through the centre of Nottingham recently when my sat-nav sent me on a stupid route. I'll say no more about the demographic of the inhabitants I encountered, but suffice it to say that it looked like a third world country, not one of England's oldest cities. Every other vehicle had a full-length scrape down the side or a stoved body panel. The general standard of driving was aggressive and dangerous with little or no regard for the rules of the road. I question how many of those drivers had every sat or passed a UK driving test.

I'm not saying this demographic factor is the cause of the increase in fail-to-stop collisions, but it suggests that across all sections of the population there are an increasing number of people driving who are unfit to do so. Also that our roads are over-congested.
If the below from a Google is true why aren't the police constantly stopping them and prosecuting with the technology they have now. How many illegal migrants / visa overstayers would they catch too!!! 👀


In 2022, 14.0 percent of motorists, or about one in seven drivers, were uninsured, according to a 2023 study by the Insurance Research Council (IRC).
 
I had to drive through the centre of Nottingham recently when my sat-nav sent me on a stupid route. I'll say no more about the demographic of the inhabitants I encountered, but suffice it to say that it looked like a third world country, not one of England's oldest cities. Every other vehicle had a full-length scrape down the side or a stoved body panel. The general standard of driving was aggressive and dangerous with little or no regard for the rules of the road. I question how many of those drivers had every sat or passed a UK driving test.

I'm not saying this demographic factor is the cause of the increase in fail-to-stop collisions, but it suggests that across all sections of the population there are an increasing number of people driving who are unfit to do so. Also that our roads are over-congested.
The standard of driving in Nottingham is terrible. I have had to drive in rush hour traffic to go fishing since the clocks altered and the level of aggressive driving is insane just to get one or two cars ahead in the queue.
Every set of red lights sees one or two cars jump through on full red.
 
The standard of driving in Nottingham is terrible. I have had to drive in rush hour traffic to go fishing since the clocks altered and the level of aggressive driving is insane just to get one or two cars ahead in the queue.
Every set of red lights sees one or two cars jump through on full red.
Yes, that was my experience. I would also add that police presence was zero.

I notice it up here too, though to a lesser extent. I'm working near Chester Le Street at the moment and the morning/evening commute is full of this behaviour, and the roads aren't even that busy. The worst are often (but not always) young women. You get the feeling "It's just a car. Husband/boyfriend/insurance company will fix it if I bend it. I've got things to do, get out of my way".
There's a narrowish lane I go down on my way to work. It's two lane but only just. Two cars can pass but with very little room to spare. Everyone seems to drive down it at 60 mph when 40 is plenty when you're passing oncoming traffic with only a few inches between your door mirrors and your wheels nearly in the verge.
Yet if I drive it at 40 mph I'll be tail-gated all the way.
 
Yes, that was my experience. I would also add that police presence was zero.

I notice it up here too, though to a lesser extent. I'm working near Chester Le Street at the moment and the morning/evening commute is full of this behaviour, and the roads aren't even that busy. The worst are often (but not always) young women. You get the feeling "It's just a car. Husband/boyfriend/insurance company will fix it if I bend it. I've got things to do, get out of my way".
There's a narrowish lane I go down on my way to work. It's two lane but only just. Two cars can pass but with very little room to spare. Everyone seems to drive down it at 60 mph when 40 is plenty when you're passing oncoming traffic with only a few inches between your door mirrors and your wheels nearly in the verge.
Yet if I drive it at 40 mph I'll be tail-gated all the way.
mr-magoo-dive.gif

1731496859798.webp
 
It seems that there are so many people who think they own the 'fast lane' on dual carriageways that undertaking is now the norm. Lane discipline is a lost art :rolleyes:
Slow lane for me on most motorways, cruise control set to 65MPH.... if the other four lanes are slower... not my problem.
 
It seems that there are so many people who think they own the 'fast lane' on dual carriageways that undertaking is now the norm. Lane discipline is a lost art :rolleyes:
And that’s not policed, even when traffic cops are on the motorway.

Slow lane for me on most motorways, cruise control set to 65MPH.... if the other four lanes are slower... not my problem.

Except technically it’s illegal and you’ll be the one who gets a PCN not the numpties in the outside lane 😕
 
And that’s not policed, even when traffic cops are on the motorway.



Except technically it’s illegal and you’ll be the one who gets a PCN not the numpties in the outside lane 😕
About 15 years ago I was chatting to a Tesco delivery driver who said he had received an ASBO for undertaking :unsure: now they won't even blink an eye unless they can nick you for speeding or no road tax :rolleyes:
 
It’s no different here, a 16yr old was knocked down and killed the other night, the driver just drove away 😕, police are looking for him/her now and it’s not an uncommon occurrence.

I guess people don’t think straight in shock, plus an element of ‘I might get away with it’. 😞
He was arrested it happened in Kildare.. Fucker was after being in the pub so left the 16 year old to die alone on a cold Kildare road... Fucking scumbag
 
That's not how it is at all. My car isn't slow and I'm not a dawdler, but I don't feel the need to treat every drive as a competition, constantly leap-frogging every car I can or using roundabouts as cut-throughs just to get one space ahead.
1731543355980.webp
 
That's not how it is at all. My car isn't slow and I'm not a dawdler, but I don't feel the need to treat every drive as a competition, constantly leap-frogging every car I can or using roundabouts as cut-throughs just to get one space ahead.
1731705085700.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom