Good blast on the bike.

weeian

New member
Well i went out on the bike yesterday & had a great time ! Good blast down the west coast, was chilly but the sun was shining. Sure is DAMN good to be out again.

/ian :thumbs:

now time for some :beer:
 
Glad you got out for a blast. I really fancied getting out too and I don't think the sub-zero temps would have stopped me. But - the roads around here are totally white with salt! I'll give it a few days yet and hope that we get a good downpour this week to wash it away
 
Coastal run

Hi Ian,
Like you went for a run on Sunday along the coast - largs, irvine, ayr, girvan and then back to glasgow. Although cold it was mainly sunny and my other half (veronica) came with me. Although the roads where covered in salt I only had to spend around 10mins cleaning the bike when I returned. I still use the FS365 which seems to help especially if it's only dry roads covered in salt. When it come to that black crap even with FS365 it's important to clean her when you return. Basically the FS365 is water soluble in the protection disappears once the roads are wet.
Geoff
 
Anyone tried ACF50? It's relatively expensive but gets really good reports. I'll maybe buy a can if I see any at the bike show.
 
Acf50

Hi,
Was thinking of using ACF50 and by all accounts is good stuff. It also has the advantage it's oil based and won't easily wash off in the rain. After speaking to an aircraft company that uses it they advised against spraying onto engine casings as the oil content will burn and discolour them quickly. Basically going a shade of brown. Obviously there's no problem in using on casings during storage but it's important you clean the bike with a degreaser before you fire her up. On the other hand continual usage of FS365 tends to leave a blue tinge with time. It's not a real problem as I tend to hose the bike down at weekends and then re-apply the FS365. I use another product called S100 corrosion protection and although water based leaves a sticky film which seems to offer better protection than FS365 but it's much more expensive and I use it around the fork stantions,sliders and around the front hub ensuring nothing gets on the brake discs. I also use it on some engine parts and seems to work well. I've replaced all my fasteners with DIY stainless parts, off the shelf stainless and some titanium and my bike has weathered reasonably well driving through the last two winters.

Geoff
 
FS365 for me as well, used it for a couple of years on motorbike and mountain bike, like you say it still needs a wash down afterwards but just reapply 365 and it seems to keep the worst at bay. I also use that silicone spray for cleaning bumpers, keep it off brakes etc but it works on engine cases and fins on the multi.
 
yea i use 365 as well, i always WD40 the bike after every ride too. Rode up to Lochgilphead today and it was beautifull. That is 1 phenomonal road. Getting as much riding done as poss before my op this week.

/ian
 
Got out for a blast at last :) :) :) :) :) :)
When I got home last night the roads were dry, it was still daylight (just) and I was tempted. I did a quick 15 miles before tea. What a buzz. I hope there's lots of good bike weather this year :) :) :)
 
Superb Feeling getting out after the layoff innit Derek, what a Buzz.

hope u get good weather Al, although its meant to be snowing over the weekend. See you at the bike show.

/ian
 
Back
Top Bottom