Haggis

Keith - we had to order the Haggii from the butcher - with the run up to Burns night I think they might be a bit busy - but it's in hand matey!
 
Is it true their legs are longer on one side than the other so they can walk round hills without falling over? :p
 
Could this be a wild one, suspectleg length though !

haggis-h.jpg
 
Ring Leader said:
scottch I'll settle for the Haggis mate
Not what's in Hand:D :D :D :D :D :D

Keith, it's what's in hand that adds the special taste! :p

Burns night is on January 25th - currently Scotland is being ravished by the worst Haggis drought on record :eek: our butcher is only accepting orders and the huntsmen are out 24/7 for the time being.
 
25th is a Wednesday????

Weekend maybe, gives us more time to drag the CANADA story out of him
 
dseered said:
Could this be a wild one, suspectleg length though !

Ian, no that is a crossbreed similar to what is contained in a Big Mac - we only use the finest pure bred haggis in Scotland.

Like this:

The female
hagfem.gif


The male
hagmale.gif


These haggii are actually of the lowland variety, hence the legs all of the same length.

More information can be found here
 
Up you come!

I'm sure we'd sort you out with beds for the night ;)

Couldn't manage a weekday though, but weekend after Burns night should be fine
 
Scottch said:
Up you come!

I'm sure we'd sort you out with beds for the night ;)

Couldn't manage a weekday though, but weekend after Burns night should be fine

Same with me but where are we going to have it?? We would need to have it in a restaurant? Ive never orginised a Burns night. Input please
 
What about some rags laced through Scottch's toes and setting fire to them?? Im pretty sure the Canada story would come out then? :D
 
My local has a nice little suite we could get through the back (if it's available). I'm known to them well enough that I reckon if I have a word with the owner, they would lay on haggis, neeps and tatties.

You reckon?
 
we are actually off to a Burns night do on Friday, Haggis, poetry and whiskey was on the invite :D

Lil

Having said that, if there was another night scheduled I am sure we would attend....

Lil
 
We could come up as well - there's plenty of space to stay at my mums which is only about 2 miles from Scottch.
Although that depends upon whether my mum gets back - she's been away in Canada for the past month! :D
 
Linzi said:
We could come up as well - there's plenty of space to stay at my mums which is only about 2 miles from Scottch.
Although that depends upon whether my mum gets back - she's been away in Canada for the past month! :D
:D :D :D

Canada you say???

why does that ring a bell with me... I am sure someone said something about Canada last Saturday night.... now what was it??

Lil
 
Sorry guys she managed to make a break from the kitchen, but she's safely locked up there again
 
Anyhoo!

I reckon that's 10 for a kind of belated burns night - anymore takers before I start looking into things?
 
Keith,

Me Joolee got a call from the butcher this morning, your order was ready ;)

It's off first class so you should have it sharpish.

Let us know how you get on matey!
 
Back
Top Bottom