Have you been out to play today

In Stanhope around 1.00
RC30 belonging to a Mr W.V. Twin perhaps ????

Hi DD

Yes, it was me. Thought that was you I passed on Crawleyside bank. Your bike is a bit distinctive - couldn't be anyone else! Who were the others?

I was on the second lap of a back-to-back test ride over the roads of Weardale/Teesdale (RC30 vs SP4). These bike's really are like chalk and cheese. When I get the time, I intend to do a write-up for anyone who may be interested in how they compare.

Steve


ps. I saw your post this morning re. ride-out, but saw it too late to have met-up with you :( . Would have been good to have finally used the Ducati on a DUN run. Maybe next time.
 
had Martin in front of me on the GSX & Derek (badger Bait) behind on the puce jelly mould

It would be nice to see the SP4 - next time maybe.

Tninking of pulling a few mid-week runs together over the summer with TonyV, andy (999AWB) & anyone else who's interested. It's about time I learnt those roads - The bike has a will of its own tends to turn right at my road end & head for the borders.
 
ahh i missed you all aparently saw gizmo at cafe like ( i recon hes locked himself out ;) ) humm jelly memory is preventing me remembering who else was there at my late arrival
 
absolutely p!ssing with rain up here so I haven't been out atall. Wanted to test ride the thing before Friday's DG tracknight - forget that idea now with a monsoon outside!! :rolleyes:
 
they stand up well to a beating don't they

husky.jpg
 
nice to catch up with everybody today, I'm pretty sure it was IanG27's 1098 parked next to a Repsol Blade ??

I'd planned on heading home when i left Andy but did a run down, enjoyed it so started another up. Saw what lked like the dark blue unmarked Volvo but driver was women, long blonda hair so i thought ,maybe not, luckily i kept a steady pace up and started to catch it just as i came into a corner i usually scrape the sliders, a car coming opposite way put paid to that so i wasn't knee down following it as when i passed the volvo i saw the rear mounted video camera :eek: a steady 60 through the flip flops and past a couple of cars got me clear of it. one to watch out for though.
 
Yes it was my 1098 next to the Repsol, I meant to get up earlier to meet up with some of you, I saw a 916 or similar leaving just as we pulled up.

I never take my bike out in the wet but we got caught out big time today !

If we had taken the Hexham turning we would have missed it but we headed for the haydon bridge way and it pi**ed down, hailstones !!!! Plus there was roadworks and our bikes got up to the t*ts.

Went over Rothbury way but the rain started following us so we headed back home where it has been ok all day, typical. All clean again now.
 
Back
Top Bottom