Jaguar

When will Jaguar go bust

  • Before they get a working model

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After a working model but before production starts

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Within 6 months of production starting

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between 6 months and 18 months of production

    Votes: 6 75.0%

  • Total voters
    8
  • Poll closed .
A 50yo prototype and still 100 times better looking than that Jaguar

IMG_6404.webp
 
Absolutely zero about this that tells you it's a Jaguar. It could be anything...Chinese would have been I guess if I was seeing it for the first time.

They will have one model, starting at £120k


The newly unveiled Jaguar Type 01 is highly likely to face heavy, rapid depreciation, consistent with the broader luxury electric vehicle (EV) market and Jaguar’s historic brand performance. [1, 2, 3]
Automotive experts and historical data suggest that buyers should prepare for a 45% to 50% drop in value within the first three years, or potentially even sooner. [1, 2]
The primary factors driving this aggressive depreciation forecast include:
  • The Premium EV Penalty: High-end electric grand tourers and luxury SUVs are notorious for steep depreciation. For instance, automotive experts at Edmunds noted that their long-term electric Porsche Macan lost nearly 50% of its value in just one year. [1, 2]
  • Historical Brand Trends: Jaguar historically struggles with resale values compared to its German and British rivals. Data published by Auto Express ranks Jaguar near the bottom for brand retention, with a brand-wide average of just 30.7% retained value over a standard ownership period. Its previous EV venture, the I-Pace, has been a known "depreciation disaster," retaining as little as 28% of its original MSRP after 36 months. [1, 2, 3, 4]
  • A High Starting Price Point: Shifting upmarket into the ultra-luxury segment against Bentley and Porsche means the Type 01's starting price sits at £120,000 / $130,500 (averaging £150,000 with options). Vehicles with six-figure price tags routinely take the hardest financial hit on the secondary market as the pool of used buyers willing to maintain out-of-warranty luxury vehicles shrinks significantly. [1, 2, 3, 4]
  • Polarising Rebrand and Radical Design: Industry clinics showed that the Type 01's radical aesthetics generated heavily divided opinions (scoring mostly 9-10s or 1-2s). A highly niche, love-it-or-hate-it design typically creates a more volatile used market compared to universally accepted designs. [1, 2]


While Jaguar's ultra-luxury shift is a bold attempt to prioritize high margins over production volume, early financial outlooks indicate the Type 01 will behave like a piece of rapidly depreciating high-end consumer technology. [1, 2]
 
IMG_1731.webp


I remember seeing this car whilst reading street machine magazine. I was sitting on the kermit having a tom tit and then realised I had fitted the louvre door for the toilet the wrong way round so people could see in, whilst I couldn't see out. Slightly embarrasing.
This car was built n 1072 and was featured in Penthouse Magazine - I saw it in my Dads copy some years later while exploring in the loft 🤣
Street Machine magazine was launched years later, so how embarrassed were you and why......... 😮
 
Back
Top Bottom