Just had a thought...

Dox

Elite Member
Subscriber
On the perfect bike.

Having toured on adventure bikes - Multis - and sports tourers - Supersports - and now supernakeds - Speed Triple...weirdly the best tourer for me has been the supernaked.

I was thinking, how could that be improved on? The only thing that I could think of, was bars that you could alter in seconds. What if you could 'drop' the bars when a wiggly rode is ahead? Or lift them for steady cruising?

It would be a simple thing to incorporate, and would add a lot dynamically. The one thing with my Triple is, I've still to get the right feeling hard cornering that I do on sports bikes. It's nearly there, but not quite the same.

If I had bars that I could drop when pushing on, that would be perfect.
 
On the perfect bike.

Having toured on adventure bikes - Multis - and sports tourers - Supersports - and now supernakeds - Speed Triple...weirdly the best tourer for me has been the supernaked.

I was thinking, how could that be improved on? The only thing that I could think of, was bars that you could alter in seconds. What if you could 'drop' the bars when a wiggly rode is ahead? Or lift them for steady cruising?

It would be a simple thing to incorporate, and would add a lot dynamically. The one thing with my Triple is, I've still to get the right feeling hard cornering that I do on sports bikes. It's nearly there, but not quite the same.

If I had bars that I could drop when pushing on, that would be perfect.
What tyres are you running?
 
Soft and sticky 👀👀
4Mp (1).gif
 
Bridgestone S23 - best tyres I've had.

It's not a tyre thing...maybe I just need to get more miles under my belt riding a naked.
Tyres do make one hell of an impact on handling, my 900ie had Bridgestone BT-023 and were neutral in feeling, the Parelli rosso 3s on my 996 turn in at a faster rate, it was something i had to get used too again.
You could be right with getting more miles under your belt you get a better feeling and slowly ease yourself into the capability of your tyres, i knocked the Rosso 3s but i am now getting used to them and fuck me they are good. I'm torn now with what i will replace them or not with the BT-023S later down the line? :unsure:
 
Have you thought of a track day on the trumpet Dox. It allows you to test the limits with the confidence of traffic only goes one way.
 
Tyres do make one hell of an impact on handling, my 900ie had Bridgestone BT-023 and were neutral in feeling, the Parelli rosso 3s on my 996 turn in at a faster rate, it was something i had to get used too again.
You could be right with getting more miles under your belt you get a better feeling and slowly ease yourself into the capability of your tyres, i knocked the Rosso 3s but i am now getting used to them anf fuck me they are good. I'm torn now with what i will replace them or not with the BT-023S later down the line? :unsure:

I've got Rosso Diablo 3s on my Supersport - and had them on my S1000RR - they're good tyres. But I have even more confidence in the S23's.

The riding position on those two bikes...for me...helps to attack bends more than the naked.

@Swiss T swapped his bars on his Speed Triple for flat bars...maybe that helps get the last few % out of the handling.
 
Have you thought of a track day on the trumpet Dox. It allows you to test the limits with the confidence of traffic only goes one way.

Briefly...but it's like golf; I should probably spend some time on the driving range to improve my swing - but the time I have available for golfing, I spend golfing.

For me road riding is what I enjoy - I'm not a track guy. Maybe it would help my road riding to some degree...but I can't dedicate the time to that potential learning.
 
I've got Rosso Diablo 3s on my Supersport - and had them on my S1000RR - they're good tyres. But I have even more confidence in the S23's.

The riding position on those two bikes...for me...helps to attack bends more than the naked.

@Swiss T swapped his bars on his Speed Triple for flat bars...maybe that helps get the last few % out of the handling.
Flat bars imo are a game changer, when i had my 650 Bandit i got the dog bone linkage on the rear that lifted the back end, what a differance that made. What is the rear linkage on the Triumph and possible upgrade parts?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Dox
Flat bars imo are a game chainger, when i had my 650 Bandit i got the dog bone linkage on the rear that lifted the back end, what a differance that made. What is the rear linkage on the Triumph and possible upgrade parts?

That's beyond my paygrade - have no idea about rear linkages 🤷‍♂️
 
It's Ohlins - fully adjustible. Not sure what spec...but I fiddled with it on tour and found the best settings within the first day or two.
Looking at quotes people have been puting a taller shock on the rear just by 10mm to 5mm, fucking expensive detail imo :ROFLMAO:, get some Renthal bars on it and play with the suspension settings, when it hits the sweet spot you will know!!:)
 
A lot of it is confidence which you’ll get the more you ride it.
Change your body position to a more aggressive one if you’re attacking corners, but more weight over the front.
The front end on my KTM is a bit flighty in the corners but the front end of a Tuono is steady as a rock.
The damper on the KTM is crap.

Says me, the slowest rider in the world…
 
I've got Rosso Diablo 3s on my Supersport - and had them on my S1000RR - they're good tyres. But I have even more confidence in the S23's.

The riding position on those two bikes...for me...helps to attack bends more than the naked.

@Swiss T swapped his bars on his Speed Triple for flat bars...maybe that helps get the last few % out of the handling.
Did the flat bars compromise the daily comfort generally higher bars are more comfortable where I'd imagine flat bars drop your shoulders and upper body??
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dox
Back
Top Bottom